Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NJ Guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 08:33 AM
    There is no water coming from my shower head
    How do I replace a tub diverter spout without ripping my shower apart? (Please keep in my that I am clueless)
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 27, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Hey NJ:

There are a few different kinds of diverter tub spouts:

You will either use an allen wrench of the appropriate size to loosen the allen screw UNDER the tub spout (look for cut out in bottom of spout near wall) and then wiggle/rotate until spout is removed (pic. On left).

Or will be threaded type spout in which you should just need to get large pair of pliers and rotate counterclockwise to loosen (see pic. On right)

Again, there are a few different types, but generally speaking they are of the type I mentioned above (see other pic. but look at ones on left as they have diverters on the spout)... let us know how it works out... Mark
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 27, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Guy
    How do I replace a tub diverter spout without ripping my shower apart? (Please keep in my that I am clueless)
    First off, you won't have to rip anything apart to change out a diverter spout. Next we have to find out what type of spout you have,(see images). One threads on and the other slips over a copper pipe. Tell me which one you have. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen: water always coming from shower head when faucet is on. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a moen l82839 shower/tub assembly. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the water, just to the tub, water comes from the shower head. The knob that turns on the shower head on the faucet is down, noting is leaking otherwise. I don't know what's wrong. Its like there...

The water in my shower will not switch from the shower head to the tub spout? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a small home, that I am getting ready to rent out the problem is I get water from the shower head just fine, but I get not water from the tub spout, any ideas?

Water coming out of the tub faucet & the shower head at the same time? [ 5 Answers ]

I just installed a one handle Kohler faucet for the bath tub, when water is turned on and the shower converter button is in the down position the water comes out of the tub faucet and the shower head at the same time. When the shower converter button is pulled up water will only come out of the...

Water coming out of wall, not shower head [ 4 Answers ]

I am no longer getting water out of the shower head. All of the water is coming from the wall (base of the shower arm). The shower arm is very loose but I'm unable to tighten it as it seems to be connected just inside the tile. I'm really hoping that perhaps it's just loose from the pipe in the...

No water coming out of shower head. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, so the other day my dad and I go to home depo to pick up a part for his shower (symmons type A) and the piece we were looking for was the handle that turns on the shower, it had been stripped. Well we took out the old one and put in a new one. It was so hard we couldn't turn it. Well we put wd...

View more questions Search