Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beerman1994 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Carrier Gas pack circuit board part #
    Can anyone suggest/cross-reference the part number for my circuit board? The model number for the unit is 48SS018-060. Thanks.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2006, 02:18 PM
    No expert, but close enough in the business to believe that Carrier is a good brand but very protective of their product. I think your best bet is to find a dealer.
    beerman1994 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2006, 05:14 PM
    I had a Carrier repair guy out here Tuesday and he quoted me $550 for the part and installation. That's crazy!
    I figured I could get the part for less than $250 and put it in myself.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2006, 09:55 AM
    I wish you luck in finding the part. You may need to find a dishonest or disgruntled Carrier technician to provide the part via black market. Along with the cost of the part, the $550.00 also represents the tech time and training the cost of overhead for his benefits, the cost and overhead of the truck, office, warehouse,etc. and a reasonable profit.

The advantage of using certain brand names of equipment sometimes is a disadvantage for repairs due to the proprietary components used to build these systems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3-amp fuse on circuit board [ 7 Answers ]

I've been having an intermittant problem where the 3-amp fuse on the circuit board keeps burning out. Lately, the problem has occurred in the late afternoon (3-7pm) such that when I replace the fuse, it will last for 3-4 minutes before blowing again. If I wait until late in the evening to turn on...

What does it take to get Six Pack Abs? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 15, 5'9 and 160 pounds... I work out everyday and no matter what I do you can never see my abs... when I feel my stomach or look at it in the mirror while I have an empty stomach I can feel my six pack... I work it out so hard I get so mad that people barely try and can have a six pack that...

What to pack for the hospital [ 7 Answers ]

I just thought I might ask if I have remembered everything to take to the hospital. I made a list and if anyone can add to it I would love the help. Ok so here it goes... copy and paste... Going home outfit for me Shampoo/conditioner Toothbrush/toothpaste Hair brush Hair ties/clippies Bar...

Outside GFI circuit - 15amp outlet on 20amp circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I need a better understanding of what I should do when setting up my new outdoor circuit. I've got a circuit that runs about 150 feet, so I'm installing 10g wire to allow for the voltage drop. I read in the Home Depot Electrical 123 book that I can have at most a 15amp circuit with 10g wire on...

No Auto Fan on Carrier Gas-Pack [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas-pack Heating/Airconditioning system (about 12 years old). A few weeks ago I noticed the heating cycle was not working. I ran some checks to determine the cause and discovered that the main circulation fan was never coming on when the fan was set to the "Auto" position. The gas...

View more questions Search