Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizzqueen1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 08:09 AM
    How to find vertices and foci
    I was just wondering if anyone could explain to me how I find the vertices, foci, and what is p? How do I find it.
    iamthetman Posts: 105, Reputation: 8

Apr 29, 2008, 06:58 AM
    For what type of shape?
    chancelord Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Jun 21, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Yeah what type of shape. The only thing I can tell you is that p is perimeter and it is equal to the sum of all the sides. Now about the vertice you need to mention the shape
    davidak Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jun 21, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Foci can be found in an ellipse, where there are 2 of them. For instance, the center of the sun is located at one of the foci in the elliptical path our earth takes around it.
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 07:39 AM
    On a parabola, p is the distance between the vertex and the focus and the distance between

The directrix and the vertex. Therefore, 2p is the distance between the focus and the directrix.

If you want to know how to find a focus, vertex, etc. Please post a specific problem. That

Would be easiest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plot: Orphans find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the name of a 1980's movie that a group of orphaned kids find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand in it. Then, the briefcase goes missing after they report it to the police. Does anyone know the name of this movie?

Will I ever find [ 4 Answers ]

About 20 years old I gave up my son for adoption. My dad said it was a closed adoption, but he knows the family that adopted him and they all go to the same church. My son is now 20 years old and my father won't give me information any on him. I do know what his first name is Christopher. Is this...

Using vertices to find a shape? [ 2 Answers ]

If you are given certain vertices how do you find the shape that is defined by those vertices?

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

Trying to find someone [ 7 Answers ]

I really wouldn't say he's missing per se, but I am having quite some difficulty locating him. I only need to know if anyone knows a site that would give me his address, and maybe a phone number, I have already tried yellowpages.com, and that really didn't help me, I have also tried...

View more questions Search