Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leith Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Apr 27, 2008, 07:07 AM
    What do they say?
    Ive proberly put this is the wrong place but I didn't know were to put it so anyway:

When you get arresed like when the police man/woman gets you and they pin you down they say something on the lines of "Anything you say can be given as evidence in cort" or something I was wondering what's the whole speech?because I can't find it anywhere:confused:

(to be honest the reason I want it is because for my birthday I'm dressing up as a police woman and I wanted to see if I could memorize that speech xD I know I shouldn't be joking about with that sort of stuff because like a police job is nothing to joke about... and I should shut up now XD LOL soz)

Anyway thanks

Kitty xx
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2008, 07:12 AM
    It depends where you live but this wiki article has America, Canada and the English rights.

Miranda warning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2008, 07:13 AM
    This is called the Miranda Warning.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jul 5, 2008, 01:41 AM
    I was a D.C. police officer and cannot count the number of times I gave the Miranda warnings: "You are under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court. You have a right to the presence of an attorney prior to and during any questioning and if you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed if you so desire. Any time during any questioning you may remain silent and ask for an attorney."
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 05:50 AM
    In my county they do not give you your miranda rights until you are processed and ready to go to your cell. The police claim that you are not considered under arrest until then so they do not have to tell you your rights until then. If you try to make a statement to the police they just say SHUT UP!
    But of course the miranda rights along with handcuffs is a great touch for your costume. LOL
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    In my county they do not give you your miranda rights until you are processed and ready to go to your cell. The police claim that you are not considered under arrest until then so they do not have to tell you your rights until then. If you try to make a statement to the police they just say SHUT UP!
    But of course the miranda rights along with handcuffs is a great touch for your costume. LOL

I don't know if it's the same everywhere but "here" they read it from a card - don't take a chance at being accused of not stating it correctly or completely.

Apparently things get slow in a patrol car and I once dated an officer who could recite it from memory - backwards! Great bar bet.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 06:01 AM
    I don't even think the police where I live even know the miranda right speech.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Hello:

Let's see. That last time they gave me the warning, it went like this, "You are under arrest. If you move I'll shoot you."

Is THAT the warning you were wondering about?

excon
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jul 5, 2008, 01:27 PM
    They don't have to bother with the Miranda rights if they are not going to ask you any questions about the offense but should do so if the person starts to make statements about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search