Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmseratt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 04:19 AM
    Signing off parental rights for adoption
    Does any one know how long it takes to adopt a child in ar. And about how much it cost if the father is willing to sign off his rights?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2008, 06:18 AM
    A lot will depend on the court schedule. Lawyer gets the paper work written in a couple weeks, not sure if your area requires a waiting period from the time they judge rules to the time it is final ( different states have different rules) but a few months should be about average.

Shop around I would say you should be able to get it for 1000 and maybe less I saw some adds for 750 plus court costs, since the father is willing to sign and there will no court fight.

Do a goggle of your state and uncontested adoption.

If the father does not agree, the costs can go well over 5000 and up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over parental rights [ 8 Answers ]

OK well My Boyfriend has a daughter with this women, he pays support but she will not allow him to see his daughter she leaves him nasty messages saying she's better off without him. Well this women called him and asked him if he would sign over his rights to her husband because she wants to move...

Signing parental rights over [ 2 Answers ]

The father of my child does not come around and hasn't paid child support. I want to know how I can get his name off the birth certificate and him to sign his rights over. I need to know how I go about doing that?

Signing over parental rights [ 7 Answers ]

How do you go about getting someone to sign over their parental rights? My sons father has really had nothing to do with him since he was born he didn't even show up to the hospital until he was about 36 hrs old and he lives 5 minutes away from the hospital.. I don't receive child support, he has...

Signing over your parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

I have decided to move my kids out of our home town as it is to expensive to live here for me and my children. My youngest has informed me that she wants to go live with her dad. Unfortanately her dad has told her the only way she can live with him is if I sign over my parental rights. I have tried...

Signing over my parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

I Am 21 Yrs Old And Have A 2 Yr Old Daughter That I Do Not See. Unfortunately Do The Mental State Of Her Mother I Feel That It Would Be Better That Way. She Has Tendencies To Always Start Trouble And Try To Get Me In Trouble With The Law Every time I Ask To See My Daughter. I Admit That I Do Not...

View more questions Search