Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scootsah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2006, 02:51 PM
    New faucet drain tailpiece does not align with existing pipes
    I simply installed a new faucet & drain pipe for my existing bathroom sink, but now the drain tailpiece does not align with the existing pipes. This doesn't make sense to me, since the drain tailpiece is a straight pipe, but whatever. Do I have to replace the trap, etc. now to make everything fit? Reusing the original drain/tailpiece is not an option since it disintegrated when I pulled it out. BTW, I can't move the sink/countertop because it is screwed into the wall & grouted in place.

Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 17, 2006, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scootsah
    I simply installed a new faucet & drain pipe for my existing bathroom sink, but now the drain tailpiece does not align with the existing pipes. This doesn't make sense to me, since the drain tailpiece is a straight pipe, but whatever. Do I have to replace the trap, etc. now to make everything fit? Reusing the original drain/tailpiece is not an option since it disintegrated when I pulled it out. BTW, I can't move the sink/countertop because it is screwed into the wall & grouted in place.

Thanks.
    In what way doesn't it fit? If you didn't install the new drain cocked then it should line up. You do realize the trap will swing from side to side don't you?
    Describe it to me. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove existing shower stall drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have an acrylic shower stall in the basement. The drain seems to be leaking and I want to remove it. I've cleaned all the sealant around the floor collar but it won't budge. Is is glued in? Does it twist off (threaded)? What tool do I need to get a grip on it? Help. -Barry

Join pvc drain into middle of existing cast iron [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I am planning to move the sink in my bathroom. I've already figure out (it's pretty easy) where to put the copper pipes with hot cold water. Right now I am trying to figure out the best way to do the dranage. There's a cast iron pipe about 4' in diameter, that runs from...

Tub drain pipes [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a bathroom renovated. After replacing the old tub, the plumber connected the drain pipe of the new tub to the old system with cast iron pipes, connecting them to the old system with screw tightening sleeves, rather than threading pipe fittings. I am concerned that this type of...

New sink drain 2" off from existing drain [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry for the dumb novice question, but thanks in advance for the advice. My new lavatory sink's drain is 2" away from lining up with the existing p- trap drain pipe. I REALLY don't want to cut off the whole p-trap drain to install a new one that would fit where I need it (as someone has...

Using existing tub drain line in concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a new whirlpool tub in place of an existing conventional tub. The old sink drain terminates into a concrete slab. The new sink drain will be at least 2 feet from the old. What are my options? Is there anyway of tieing in the new drain into the old drain without taking up all the...

View more questions Search