Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mvaliantm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Repair/ replace power button e machines t2542
    Hello

Computer worked for a year. Power button fell off, but coin shaped plate behind functioned, so could open power by pushing plate.

Occasionally had to retract plate with a paper clip, so could push in to turn on. One day could not put power on, no plate, spring, etc visible.

Gently shaking yielded only a nub (likely broken from plate) and a hook shaped plastic clip with a circle.

How to remove front piece to find/ replace/ repair on switch parts ?
    How to repair power button ?
    How to look at diagram ? FInd parts ( not seen in nline catalog)
    Thanks

JS
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliantm
    How to remove front piece to find/ replace/ repair on switch parts?
    Remove the two rear screws holding left side cover on and remove side cover. Front bezel will be held on either by screws, spring clips, or plastic locking tabs. Right side cover may need to be removed as well to access the screws/clips/tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliantm
    How to repair power button ?
    Contact emachines to see if they provide parts. If not, the button arrangements are usually either a plastic button that pushes a microswitch mounted on the metal chassis, or a switch mounted to the bezel like this ATX Power Switch.

I'm not optimistic that emachines will have parts. Once you get the bezel off, if you could post a picture of what sort of switch arrangement you have, I might have a suggestion.
    Computer Corner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 09:19 PM
    I changed out the power switch and it still will not turn off via the power switch... I have to unplug the power supply. I also cannot get the CD/DVD rom slots to open and close. I am getting rather frustrated. AND I think I need a new video card as I can plug the monitor in and it lights up, but the second I plug it into my video card it turns it off. HELP!
    stewviss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 03:33 PM
    Did you get this fixed I am having the same problem
    maxima191 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2012, 12:48 PM
    I have 2 desktops that need a power button repair-Ebay has the full front cover for 20.00 which includes power button

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace or Repair ? [ 5 Answers ]

The verdict: Bryant Heat pump's compressor is shorted to ground. Unit is 8 years old, out of warranty (warranty only 5 years) Now I have to chose one out of three 1. Replace the compressor alone: $1,750 for material &labor. Warranty for 1 year 2. Replace the outside unit: around $3,000...

Power button lights up no sound [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my barebone computer I built, the power button only lights up, the cd drive will not open and there is no sound in the motherboard the power cable is connected to the M.board, could it be the processor I placed in the socket? The power supply does not come on, and the fan does not run

Replace or Repair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Its -15degC outside and my furnace will not light. Thankfully my gas fireplace seems to be keeping up. I have a Keeprite furnace with a Honeywell SV9501M main gas and pilot controller. I have checked the all the limits and the Solenoid is receiving 28V to ask for heat. The Solenoid also...

Should I replace or repair my TV? [ 5 Answers ]

My TV has a white horizontel line across the screen, dividing the screen in half. Above the line the screen is totally black and below the line the picture is normal. It's a Samsung 25" TXE 25346.

View more questions Search