Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjackson831 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Bmw won't move forward when in drive
    My 94 740i was driving fine, up until yesterday. I started her up put it in drive and took my foot off the brake and nothing. If I put my foot all the way down on the gas the car will budge, but just barely. I'm wondering if it's the transmission, or torque or even the brake switch. FYI it reverses normally- all drives do not work.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Sounds like the tranny.
    mjackson831 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjackson831
    My 94 740i was driving fine, up until yesterday. I started her up put it in drive and took my foot off the brake and nothing. If I put my foot all the way down on the gas the car will budge, but just barely. I'm wondering if it's the transmission, or torque or even the brake switch. FYI it reverses normally- all drives do not work.
    I don't think so, as it goes into reverse normally, also there was no prior indication of a problem. But I'll look into it- Any other suggestions??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Maybe it is just in the linkage
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Clutch packs likely need replacing; i.e. complete transmission rebuild.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to move forward [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I get that I'm in a rut and have only had 2 major relationships in my 44 years. I've been hurt badly by the last one. My questions are 1. how do you move forward and 2. ewhere do you meet new men? I really don't have girlfriends - my 2 exes were pretty controlling and now I realize that...

Learning to move forward? [ 1 Answers ]

My partner (also the father to my son) who I love to bits is soon to move from his area to live with me we have lived together before but at the beginning of our relationship there has been like any other relationship plently of ups and downs. I;'m extremely excited but equally anxious for I'm...

Tractor will not move forward [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Craftsman LT1000 Kohler 160HV the belt came off the rear pulley, we were able to get it back on that pulley but the tractor will still not go forward or backward.

Transmission -want move forward [ 1 Answers ]

I have 97 f-350 4x4- transmission want move in forward gear but will back up fluid level is correct and don't smell burnt.

View more questions Search