Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbrkovich Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Hot water in all three bathroom sinks BUT no hot water in the showers
    We have recently purchased a new home. We had an inspection and all hot water was fine. After we closed and as we are now moving in over the next month we have discovered that all three showers don't have hot water. There are three full bathrooms in our new home. The Master has a separate tub (hot water OK here) two sinks (hot water fine here) and a separate shower (no hot water). The other two full baths have tubs with showers and neither have hot water, although the sinks all have hot water.

The kitchen and half bath sinks both also have hot water.

We have two 50 gallon hot water tanks that appear to be in-line with each other. Is it possible that one hot water tank goes to only the shower in the master bath and to the two tubs in the other full baths?

I've read similar posts on this site that talk about the cartridges being clogged but it seems odd that all three became clogged at once. Also I should note that our new home was vacant for at least six months since we've purchased it and started to move in.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 26, 2008, 02:32 PM
    We need the brand name and model number of the shower valves brfore we can answer. Regards, v Tom
    sbrkovich Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 01:31 PM
    They are all Moen Brand. How do I find the model numbers?

Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Both Showers have no hot water [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have read a few posts that seem to be in a similar situation. I wanted to get your expert opinion on whether you think it's a cartridge problem. I just purchased a condo built in 2005. I'm not sure when the original owners moved out but I assume about two months ago, which means the...

Hot water in all sinks but not in two showers [ 8 Answers ]

I've been searching the website, and found some useful information about changing the cartridges and such. However, I am confused about why I would have hot water everywhere except in two of the three showers. The guest bathroom has hot water in the shower, it is also closest to the heater,...

New water heater, no hot water pressure in 2 bath/showers [ 3 Answers ]

A new water heater was installed yesterday, but I have no HOT water pressure in either of my showers. Is it the old fixtures, or a leaking pipes?

No water to both sinks / very low cold water pressure to bath and washer [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen and bathroom sink have no water, period. Hot water seems to be pretty good to the bath and washer but cold water to those 2 locations are very weak. The outside faucet is very weak at best. I have had this problem for quite some time so it's not the fact that they are frozen. I just...

View more questions Search