Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vars Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Power door locks
    I have a 2002 honda civic ex I just bought. The passenger door power lock worked ,but the drivers didn't A month later neither work. I hear the relay click under the dash and it sounds faintly like it is trying to open the locks. Fuse are good and I measured 12v on the solenoid plug when I hit the unlock button. I find it hard to believe both lock solenoids are bad. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Vinny
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 12:12 PM
    . Test all under-hood and under-dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.
    . Disconnect negative battery cable and remove under-dash relay. Clean relay connections and bench test.
    . Remove door panel:
    - Disconnect 4-P connector from actuator.
    - Test actuator:

Lock: With battery power connected to the No. 4 terminal, ground the No. 3 terminal momentarily.

Unlock: With battery power connected to the No. 3 terminal, ground the No. 4 terminal momentarily.

Caution: Apply battery voltage only momentarily, to prevent damage to the motor.

- Service or replace actuator, if it fails to work properly.

You may want to clean and spray the actuators with WD-40 and see if they will then work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with ford excursion power door locks [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a used 2001 ford excursion and now my passenger power door lock doesn't work when I press lock unlock on the door or with the remote. And sometimes the back doors don't open or close either? :'( Does anyone know what is going on? Can anyone help?

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

2002 ford explorer power door locks [ 1 Answers ]

My 2002 ford explorer power door locks started acting up lately. The door ajar light stays on even though all the doors are close. But I notice that the problem is mostly with the liftgate. If I open it and slam it shut, that usually will allow me to lock the explorer. Any help is appreciated.

2001 excursion door locks [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 excursion and the power door locks do not always work, is there an easy fix?

View more questions Search