Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pretisweet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Regarding employee credit check
    I recently applied for employment with a bank/credit card company. They are very strict when it comes to your credit background. I have five medical collections with very low balances. They have pulled these up and asked me to explain them. I have been told that companies do not hold medical collections against you the way they would credit card collections when it comes to offering you a job. I am just curious if I stand a chance on getting this job. It means the world to me.

Please don't tell me it goes on my credit and against my credit score, as I KNOW this. Please answer only if you know how employers rate medical collections. Thank you so much!! Tamara
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 10:33 AM
    An employer is not so concerned with what type of debt your bad debt is.

What they are looking at is how responsible are you.

Not taking care of your own financial responsibilities, regardless of who you owe, shows some lack of responsibility.

I'm sure that every company has different ways of looking at this information.

I do wish you good luck with the job!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Yes, bad debt is bad debt to most and the reasons is not an issue to some companies, Remember there is no "law" on this, and it will depend on the exact rules that company has. And also what the personal opinoin of the person doing the hiring is.

I know for example for some Government jobs, there would have to be a written payment plan in place on any bad or old debts before they would hire you. ** and if not in place most likely they go to the next applicant.

Also think of it this way, if they have 4 applicants, the other ones have all other things equal but they have good credit, who will get the offer most likely

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What banks use transunion to check credit [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know what credit card companies or banks use transunion to check score and credit

Looking for a credit card who will only check transunion/poor credit [ 1 Answers ]

My transunion score is high and the others r in the high fives I'm looking for a business credit card is there a chance there might be one who will only check my transunion? Thank you Smart B Development Corp.

Repurchasing stock fromm an employee with a check [ 1 Answers ]

I'm just trying to make create the General Journal and I want to know what I would Dr and Cr when a company repurchases their own stock from an employee with a check?

No taxes taken out of my employee check [ 4 Answers ]

I have started a small painting business, I had several workers, about 4 of them only worked 1 or 2 weeks, making under $600. I wrote out checks to them from my painting account, I have 1 employee that made $3,000. What form do I need to send him so I can claim it as a deduction, no taxes were...

Credit check [ 8 Answers ]

How does one go about getting a credit check on prospective tenants?

View more questions Search