Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 26, 2008, 02:45 AM
    Raegae-ish song suggestions?
    I really like songs by artists like Jack Johnson, Ben Harper... and so on.

My faves by Jack J are "Banana Bread" and "Bubble Toes"

Anyone know of some more good songs in that genre? New/old artists... I want to make a good old... sittin by the campfire, hangin out CD.

Suggestions of other genre's are welcome also! :D

Country, Pop, Alternative, Blues?. give it your best shot! I'm a music junky!

(just no rap/hip hop/opera/metal/or bubble gum (hehe)... it's a put your feet up and relax and have fun CD, if you know what I mean) ;)

Thanks for all suggestions!
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 03:13 AM
    Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros. Try and get a copy of the live Staright to Hell, it's a Clash song but really chilled in Joe's solo stuff.

You probably listen to this already but with good old Bob Marley you can't go wrong. Redemption song is an absolute classic.

EDIT

I just thought you might like Ben Folds Five "Brick" - Not reggae but nice and chilled, piano based. I think it's similar to Jack Johnson but I' a bit weird with how I link genres and artists so forgive me If I've missed the mark :P
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 26, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Oh you didn't miss the mark at all! Love it! I've never even heard of Ben Folds Five... awesome song!

Keep 'em coming if you come up with anymore. Like I said, I'm really open to most anything really... I was just listening to Marley, Jack J, and I thought there must be others I'm missing out on! Thank you! ;)

EDIT:

I found a few more songs by Ben Folds Five. I'm having a listen to "Song for the dumped" and LMAO!
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 11:16 PM
    Not sure if you like "Coldplay" starby but this is pretty mellow , most of their stuff is.
    Make sure you watch it all though , the concert footage is great!!

YouTube - coldplay fix you
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 11:20 PM
    This is also very good. Its called "Advertising Space" by Robbie Williams , a trubute song he did for Elvis. Let me know what you think.

YouTube - Advertising Space - Robbie Williams
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 8, 2008, 01:39 AM
    Loved it M! I like so many kinds of music, and those were good ones. I know both artists, but have never heard those 2 particular songs. You knew just the right songs to send hun! :) Those were definitely 2am, chill-axe songs! Thanks! ;)
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Thanks starby , I'll see if I can come up with some more :)
    Bouche Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Hey, well, if your looking for reggae type music then you should try, Bob Marley and Sublime there's also a band called Cake, I really love this band but I think it's more what I call "Trumpet Music" I wouldn't call it reggae.

YouTube - Cake - Short Skirt/Long Jacket

But if your into Jack Johnson I think you'd like Newton Falkner, Everlast and Ruarri Joseph. All this stuff is like acoustic and really relaxing.

YouTube - Ruarri Joseph - Tales Of Grime And Grit Video

The best songs by Ruarri I think are "Won't work" and "More Rock n' Roll".

I didn't know Ben Harper, now I love him thanks to you! :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 31, 2008, 03:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche
    Hey, well, if your looking for reggae type music then you should try, Bob Marley and Sublime theres also a band called Cake, I really love this band but I think it's more what I call "Trumpet Music" I wouldn't call it reggae.

YouTube - Cake - Short Skirt/Long Jacket

But if your into Jack Johnson I think you'd like Newton Falkner, Everlast and Ruarri Joseph. All this stuff is like acoustic and really relaxing.

YouTube - Ruarri Joseph - Tales Of Grime And Grit Video

The best songs by Ruarri I think are "Won't work" and "More Rock n' Roll".

I didn't know Ben Harper, now I love him thanks to you! :D
    I really like the songs by Ruarri. Never heard of him! I will have to check out the other two artists that you've mentioned, and let you know. I couldn't get the first video that you sent. It said it was not available in Canada. Hmmm! But I will see if I can get it another way.

I'm glad you liked Ben Harper! He does have some great songs doesn't he?! ;)

Jul 31, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Ahhh! I'm sorry about that I didn't check your location! :rolleyes:
    I only discovered Cake through mash ups and remixes of one of there songs. I decided I liked the original songs better. I could probably send you a song somehow on here. But I don't have a clue how to! Lol.
    Ruarri Joseph is a friend of the family from Cornwall in England. He's not very famous yet, but I'm sure he will be someday.
    X
    critik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 12:36 AM
    John holt - police in helicopter

Aug 11, 2008, 04:52 AM
    Hello again. :D More suggestions from me...

Steel Pulse (Reggae).
    YouTube - Steel Pulse - Global Warning

Marley's... Damien "Jr Gong" Marley, Bob Marley (& The Wailers), Ziggy Marley (& The Melody Makers), Stephen Marley.

Jurassic 5.
    YouTube - Jurassic 5 - Work it Out

James Brown (Soul music).
    YouTube - James Brown : I Got You ( I Feel Good ) ( 1965 )

Newton Faulkner (Acoustic).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFFhV9wMei8

Peter Tosh (Reggae).
    YouTube - Peter Tosh - Legalize it
    (The only video I could find with no drug taking images lol).

Radiohead. (I'm not sure you'll like them but their pretty relaxing, they're soft like Coldplay).
    YouTube - Radiohead - No Surprises

Santana.
    YouTube - Santana ft. Rob Thomas - Smooth (Official MTV)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 15, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Thanks you guys! All good songs! I don't know why I wasn't getting notifications!? I just decided to check, and I didn't know there were more songs. I was just listening to all of them. Bring them on! I love listening to all of them. Got to love James Brown and Santana. I know there are so many other new ones that I just haven't heard of yet. I can never get enough music! ;)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Steel Pulse YouTube - Steel Pulse - Steppin Out

UB 40 Red Red Wine YouTube - UB 40-RED RED WINE

YouTube - You're My Angel

Here is my YouTube favorites pages
    YouTube - sapphire630's Favorites
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 15, 2008, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    HA! That's funny NH. I forgot about "You're My Angel" My ex used to argue with me, because I told him it was a rip off the old Juice Newton song, "Angel of the Morning" He wouldn't believe me... but trust me I know. Juice Newton had a concert here one time many many yrs. Ago. It was Valentines Day, and I had a date with my boyfriend that night, and instead, he stood me up and went and partied with Juice Newton! :eek: Needless to say, I will never forget that song after that, and the guy?. well he got the "make up" gift thrown in his face! :D

YouTube - Juice Newton Angel of the Morning video

( oh, sorry I forgot you couldn't listen to them! Oh well, you probably know which song it is... everyone else can have a flash back... or a first time listen as the case may be, lol)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any suggestions? [ 4 Answers ]

I can not have an orgasm unless my better half is playing with my "spot"---C Is there other ways, without doing that?

Any suggestions? [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have gone through a really rough time. We were living with his mom and then she kicked us out... we had no where to go. So we stayed at a friends house for a night then I moved back in with my mom. My mom doestn like him so he wasn't allowed to move in with me. So we are a few...

Any suggestions? [ 1 Answers ]

OK so me and my boyfriend had sex, and I know how guys pre-. And he always seems worried that I might be pregnant. And now that I've looked up the signs of pregnancy the only sign that I have is nausea.. my period was supposed to come Thursday. And it is now Saturday night. And it hasn't come yet....

Any Suggestions? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so my boyfriend and I have sex mutiple times. He never wears a condom, and he doesn't orgasm easily and I can't find his hot spots so it take a while for him to get up... any suggestions? Pleaseee?

Suggestions? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't get along with a sister who is a year and half older than me, I am having problems with my parents with communicating, the youngest sister doesn't like talking to me and is hostile towards me when I try to involve her or get invloved with things with her, and the oldest sister I don't...

View more questions Search