Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Apr 25, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Developing six pack
    How many crunches should I do a day for four months to develop your standard lean six pack abs?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 11:34 PM
    First question is... do you have a lean body to begin with? You can do 1000 crunches a day, but if you don't have anything less than 8 - 10% body fat... chances are, they won't show.

I usually do about 500 crunches a day, 250 in the morning, 250 in the evening, in sets of 50s.
    teh threat Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Decline situps. I used to do 40 of them 3 times. Crunches don't have much movement to them and that's why people do so many of them and that's why few people have six packs because everyone thinks they'll do the trick--that and no one stays consistent with them. LIsten to Sneezefunny. He/she knows what their talking about. You need to be lean to begin with, and don't expect situps or crunches to burn away the fat, you need to burn a mess of energy to do that.
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

May 4, 2008, 12:52 PM
    I'm actually already lean according to everyone who has seen me with my shirt off I just wanted a six pack.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 6, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Do a mix of work... situps only engage some muscles at your waist and can cause problems when not done properly.

I do a mix of situps, both on an incline bench and flat (but I do them as taught in pilates, which engages the muscle before you lift and controls your breathing)... with some straight on and some twists, crunches, leg lifts (hanging from a bar), and twists. I also work a heavy bag once or twice a week and do tae bo 3-4 times a week, and this can get good twisting motion at your core.
    Andrewmann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 12:49 PM
    I hate to tell you but you will need to do more than just that.. Running sit ups cruches and all the normal stuff is a need for good six pack abbs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get a bigger 6 pack or a 8 pack ? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi :) I have already got a 6 pack but it isn't very see able. I need to do more exercise to increase its visibleness. And how to get the lower abdominal muscles bigger. Thanks

I think I'm developing Paranoia [ 5 Answers ]

I used to live in a small secluded town where everybody knew everybody and there was never an issue regarding locking doors and robberies since they would never happen . Anyway, I recently moved to a large city with the fourth highest crime rate in Canada. Being secluded all my life has made me so...

Developing the business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am running an placement consultancy how to develop my business .how can we get clients and convince them recruitng for there companies supplying manpower to them.

Developing a thesis [ 27 Answers ]

Hi ! I've been reading a lot on how I can develop my thesis but I'm still having trouble. I'm an environmental management student and I have 2 topic options. (word limit: 10 000 words max) 1. 'An environmental management plan for the Lower Liesbeek' *the Lower Liesbeek is part of the...

Developing my English fluency [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... I don ve english fluency... Because of this I'm not able shine well... tell some solution... to slove...

View more questions Search