Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fschuls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Lawn mower engine with automatic throttle surges and runs slow
    What causes a Briggs and Stratton engine with an automatic throtte control to run too slow and surge?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Something must be clogging the fuel line or the air cleaner. Try fresh gas and clean out the air cleaner and exhaust.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Check the air filter, and fuel for contaimination.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12.5 briggs and stratton lawn mower engine [ 1 Answers ]

Does the 12.5 briggs and stratton lawn mower have solid state ignition or does it have points under the flywheel? Thanks.

Rear Engine Riding Lawn Mower [ 1 Answers ]

What is the smallest rear engine riding lawn mower offered today? I've seen the Snapper 11 H.P. and he Sears 11 H.P. Is there a smaller engine offered?

Frozen lawn mower engine. [ 8 Answers ]

My lawn mower has been resting for several months.Now that I have tried to start it, it will barely turn. Is there some way I can unfreeze the engine without taking it apart? Thanks, ...

Craftsman 20.0 electric start 42 inch automatic lawn tractor mower clutch [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Craftsman 20.0 hp electric start 42" mower automatic lawn tractor Model 917.270940 and it appears the cable that allows you to engage the blades has broken. How do you either fix this problem or do we need to purchase a new cable. If we need a new cable how is it installed... I need...

View more questions Search