Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magan1201 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Year old min. daschund peeing in crate
    I have a year old miniature daschund who recently (within the last two weeks) began peeing in her crate during the day. We are gone from 730 until 4:30. It seems to be becoming a habit. I am wondering if she will grow out of it or if there is something I can do to re-teach her not to go in her crate. HELP, PLEASE!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 04:11 PM
    730 to 430 is an awful long time for a year old pup to be in a crate without peeing. Your year old pup is still a youngster more or less. Sure she will grow out of it, when properly trained but I don't like to hear that the dog has been in a crate that long and you expect that she should know she can't pee at such a young age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Peeing in crate [ 1 Answers ]

I think my 7 month old boxer has an separation anxiety problem. He continuously pees in his crate during the day or any time we leave him in there. He usually has no problems when we are home and going in the house, but every day even if he is in there for an hour, he will pee in his crate. Any...

The Peeing Daschund [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I recently adopted a mini Daschund from his co-worker. We absolutely love the dog except for one thing... He will NOT stop peeing in the house! We have an apartment and cannot ruin our carpet. He pees when he gets excited, he pees when he gets scared, he pees when we punish him, he...

Daschund Peeing [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is mad at me and I take him outside to pee and he does, then he comes in and pees right by me on purpose. What should I do?:confused:

Peeing in Crate [ 1 Answers ]

I need help and I am literally pulling my hair out in tears everyday because of it. I have a 6 month old border collie mix who refuses to stop peeing in his crate. I have a feeling it is a behavioral problem. He has been to the vet and his bladder is fine. Whenever we leave we put him in his crate...

My daschund is peeing on my bed [ 1 Answers ]

I know you've had this question before but I never saw the answer why. My 2 yr old mini pees on my bed every so often and I'm besides myself on how to break her of it. We live in Alaska and the summer is easy for her and she'll go outside but in winter I put paper down for her and she knows to go...

View more questions Search