Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 25, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Just to lighten the mood a little
    Department of Homeland Security website hacked!

The sophisticated mass infection that's injecting attack code into hundreds of thousands of reputable web pages is growing and even infiltrated the website of the Department of Homeland Security.
    Department of Homeland Security website hacked! | The Register

Now that is just TOOOOO funny for words.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Apr 25, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Homeland Security took on the extra load of INS responsibilities a few years ago. That's part of the reason that immigration is back loaded and now this just adds to another misadventure. If the website can be hacked, which obviously it can, then other pertinent files of personal information is certainly at risk, i.e. passport numbers, alien registration numbers, social security numbers, home addresses, home phone numbers, scanned IDs, etc...

Wow!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 02:52 AM
    I took off my shoes and put my keys in a basket before I logged on . Am I safe ?

Cyber attacks is something the Pentagon has been trying to guard against for some time now. Last year they had to take 1500 PC s off line
    The Pentagon is exposed to "perhaps hundreds of attacks a day," and the department has back up systems in place, Gates said.
    PC World - Pentagon Shuts Down Systems After Cyber-Attack
    According to Time mag. The Chinese have plans in place to
    Disable significant assets with cyber attacks in the event
    Of hostilites.
    Cyber attacks by China have become so frequent and
    aggressive that President Bush, without referring
    directly to Beijing, said this week that “a lot of our
    systems are vulnerable to attack”.
    He indicated that he would raise the subject
    with Hu Jintao, the Chinese President,
    when they met in Sydney at the Apec summit.
    China’s cyber army is preparing to march on America, says Pentagon - Times Online

But Lev Navrozov has been warning for a long time now that China is developing the capability to disable our nuclear arsenal with the use of molecular nano-weapon technology.
    An Interview on Nanoweapons

I have no doubt that the US is also working on such capability but given our advantage in the use of high tech ,we are more vulnerable to such asymmetrical attack.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get him in the mood? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everythime I want to have sex with my boyfriend he doesn't but then when he is in the mood we do it. But sometimes I just want to have sex and he doesn't! And he is shy too but I mean we have been together for 2 and half years he doesn't need to be shy with me anymore... how do I get him in...

Mood ring [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the changing colours on my mood ring signify please

Mood Swings [ 6 Answers ]

I would like all of your opinions. Mood swings during pregnancy? For this last part of my wife's pregnancy. The last month or so. It has been a losing battle. Does not matter what I say, doesn't matter that I try to talk to her in a way that Calm, relaxed and easy going. Yet, she is very rude...

What's with the mood swings? [ 6 Answers ]

For the past 4-5 years I have these changes with my mood and can't really figure out why. For a few hours I'll get really hyper, have a lot of energy, and be really happy. Then there'll be times when I just feel like hiding out in my room and crying, felling like no one wants me around and that...

Mood rings [ 1 Answers ]

How do mood rings work? I know someone who actually thinks they're powered by witchcraft! I say it must be a chemical reaction to the heat of a person's body or the atmosphere. Is it chemical, and, if so, what is/are the chemical/chemicals used?

View more questions Search