Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sankha Posts: 46, Reputation: 0

Apr 25, 2008, 02:20 AM
    DVD RW not working
    Hello Everybody,
    I have a HP DVD Writer. Very recently it stops working. It can not read any dvd but it read only a few cds. With this it also fail to write dvd & cd. Today I write a multisession disk but it show me some warning. Like " Previous files are not availabel" or somthing like this? What is the problem & is there any solution?

Some days ago I insert a video disk and copying its content to my HD. Suddenly the copy progress hang, I wait for 10-15 minitues, but it doesnot recover. So I cancel the progress. But it does not stop. Finally I eject the tray.

*****One more problem was in my dvd writer. If I press the button for ejection the cd or tray it could not eject at that time. If a disk live in the tray , the tray eject immidiately. But if the tray would be blank it can not eject immidiately. The ejection process of the tray which I discover that - my computer > Right click on DVD drive > Eject. The tray got a force for ejection from inside & eject after 3-5 hit. ******

How ever came back from 2nd paragraph. But on that day As I mention the tray does not eject having a cd in the tray. So I try to eject it by pushing using a pin from the emmergency hole. Still it does not get out. Finally I open the writer case using screw driver & eject the tray manually, take out the cd and fix it again.

After this I found this problem. DVD can not be read. Few cd can be read, writing is impossible. So what I have to do?

I Hope that I got a quick easy solution from you.
    Thanking u
    Sankhadip.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2008, 04:50 AM
    Your writer is gone. Suggest you replace it. That happened to my cd writer and I replaced it with a CD-DVD writer. Not that big a deal to change out.
    sankha Posts: 46, Reputation: 0

Apr 25, 2008, 05:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Your writer is gone. Suggest you replace it. That happened to my cd writer and I replaced it with a CD-DVD writer. Not that big a deal to change out.

Are you sure? It ran as a good writer. How does it damaged so easily?? :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge Ram A/C working, then not working [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. Within the last year whenever I turn the a/c on it will work fine and after about 5 or 10 minutes will start to blow hot air as if I turned the a/c off and had the fan blowing outside air. At first I started turning the a/c off and then back on which would...

Heat and Air not working on Attic unit, but blower working. [ 1 Answers ]

The blower is working fine on our Heating and Air Conditioning unit but neither the Air or Heat will work. The emergency Heat works fine though. The unit is a Carrier with the words American Standard written on the outside fan unit. What should I look for before calling a tech or what would this be...

Fridge not working then started working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a side by side whirpool refridgerater it is two years old when I got home it was not cooling the fans were on but compressor was not on as soon as I walked away the compressor came on but within two minutes it clicked off so I thought it might be the overload but then it kicked back on and...

Previously working electrical outlets stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone A wall of electrical outlets in my kitchen just stopped working. They were working just fine about a month ago. I tried checking the circuit box, and turning the circuits on/off just to make sure anything that has been tripped was turned on back again. But it didn't work for the...

View more questions Search