Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kouta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 01:18 AM
    Looking for old 80s cartoon movie
    I'm looking for a old movie. Its about these aliens that come to earth and there spying on the human race. After that the story starts with these talking animals in the forest. Later on you find out that the aliens are taking the form of some of these animals by replacing the original and putting them in there place. Does the movie ring a bell? It's a old 80s cartoon flick that I been looking for for some time now. There was one part of the movie, I don't remember if it was a baby bird or rabbit but the rabbit or "bird" was looking for his mother and when he found her, the animal to have thought been his mother turned around and HISSED at him with GLOWING RED EYES! You find out later on the alien took OVER the mothers body.

This movie I thought was very scary at its time. Also at the end, all the animals in the forest are around this lake and there looking at this freakish looking alien animal. This is of course the same alien that took over the baby rabbit or birds mothers body. At the lake to the other animals eyes, the alien is hissing at the other animals, like it was going to attack them or some then. Then out of the clear blue, it turns it's self around walks towards the bottom of the lake. Why walking it also changes it self back to it's true alien form and that's parity much the end of the movie. If anyone remembers this movie, could you give me the name of it and what year it was made?
    simplewolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 01:26 AM

Was it Katy and the Caterpillar Kids? That was made in 1987

Jun 23, 2009, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simplewolf View Post
    Was it Katy and the Caterpillar Kids? That was made in 1987
    Unfortunately no, but thanks for responding to my post. The movie I'm talking about was one of those types that starts happy and peaceful, then turns dark and sinister later on.

If I remember right in the beginning, when the three aliens were watching over the earth the clips would change. One moment you would see the aliens and there environment in "2d cartoon animation", then when you saw the views of the cities and forests, it would switch to "real time footage". And when that part of the movie was over, it takes you to a forest were you meet the main character and the talking animals.

The 3 type of animals that the main character could have been:

1. A baby rabbit

2. A baby bird

3. And now that I think about it, a baby fox.

Thinking about it some more, not a baby but a cub. I don't remember his name unfortunately, but I do know that he was a "He".

Gosh it's weird I remember how the movie starts. I remember bits and pieces about the middle and end, yet I can't remember the movies name. (GRRRR!! ) lol The only real thing I remember to this day and still gives me nightmares, is with the main character looking for his mother in this burning down forest. Yet only to find out that his mother had been taken over by the alien and starts HISSING at him with GLOWING RED EYES. That's all I remember.

I guess just to add one more thing, the mother might have been a important character. Because you do see scenes with her talking to her child and teaching him about stuff. Then when you find out she was taken over by the alien, your heart starts to drop as you feel the pain of the main character. She does die thanks to the alien.

Sorry for the long reply, I'm just trying to get out as much information as possible.
    AaronGJustice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 03:19 AM

Hey, I think we may be looking for the same cartoon.
    I saw an animated movie as a kid that I remember put me in a strange mood because there was something dark about it, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was. I remember it having caterpillars though I believe. When you said aliens it struck a chord with me and I think I remember a scene where the "mother" caterpillar turned around and shocked another because it was possessed and dark looking. So I read this and looked around and searched the aforementioned movie "katy and the caterpillar" and found what may be it. I haven't been able to watch or verify BUT there is a sequel to "katy and the caterpillar (1984)" called "katy and the caterpillar kids" which either has another sequel or alternatively known as "katy meets the aliens" Again not verified (we may not even be looking for the same cartoon) but it may be the answer? Haha.. Im not generally so nostalgic but its kind of driving me crazy.

Jul 1, 2009, 10:13 PM
    I must applogise, it is Katy and the Caterpillar Kids! When I looked at it the first time I thought wasn't it. That's why I put the first reply up. But then AaronGJustice put a post up and I decided to look again. What I saw the first time (when I replied to you Simplewolf) was Katy Caterpillar. NOT Katy and the Caterpillar Kids! So I looked at Katy and the Caterpillar Kids and by golly, it was IT!

So I must thank you Simplewolf for telling me the right movie. And you AaronGJustice, for giving me the idea to look again. Now my many years of searching are over and my nightmares and finally come to a end. Thanks you guys, thank you! ^^
    opadilla Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2010, 07:46 PM
    I remember a cartoon movie from the early 80 that was about a story about some rabbits can remember the title but at the end they had like a fight a good rabbit and a big bad rabbit and were kill by some dogs.
    I was too little to remember but I loved that cartoon movie.

Somebody knows something about it ?

I remember a cartoon movie from the early 80 that was about a story about some rabbits can remember the title but at the end they had like a fight a good rabbit and a big bad rabbit and were kill by some dogs.

Jen77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2010, 06:09 PM
    I think what you are after is called Watership down
    marv74 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 01:30 PM
    Comment on opadilla's post
    That's the same movie I'm trying to find.At the end of the movie the big mean rabbit attacks a hunting dog.Very strange cartoon.I would like to find the title.
    marv74 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 01:42 PM
    Comment on Jen77's post
    You're the bomb that's it, thanks.
    abdullahfam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Has anyone seen the cartoon about a boy and a caterpillar that he keeps in a matchbox and he makes him a bike and he dances. I really want to know what the cartoon name is. I have kids now and want to show my kids this cartoon that I really enjoyed,the caterpillar later turns into a butterfly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old unicorn cartoon movie [ 15 Answers ]

I'm almost 17 years old. I remember watching a movie when I was somewhere between 3-6 years old about a unicorn and a gargoyle (?). The unicorn starts at a young age and progresses in age, if I remember correctly. It was very sad and lonely. I think maybe its horn broke at some point, but I'm...

Old cartoon movie [ 1 Answers ]

Please! I am trying to find a cartoon movie that I think was made in the late 1980 to early 90s. All I remember is a character whom I think was "Obie" and he was stuck I a different land and had to face different creatures. The music in the movie sounded like Pink Floyd. Please if anyone has any...

Children's cartoon/movie [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: this is killing me! I've recently recalled watching a cartoon/movie when I was a kid about some nerdy boy and he has like these books that talk to him? And they fly? But that's all I can really remember :S please help me what is it?

Cartoon movie from the 90's? [ 2 Answers ]

There was a movie about these animals that all lived in there own place and there was a road where there little kids played.. I don't remember what they were but I know they were animals and the kids were playing on a road and I think this tanker truck wrecked and pilled something that was making...

Looking for the name of a cartoon movie [ 1 Answers ]

That I saw it when I was a kid. The main character was a cobbler named "tack" and it took place in the middle east. There was a massive army that he defeated with just one tack causing a domino effect of sorts,I think. And I'm pretty sure there was a thief character that was trying to steal 3...

View more questions Search