Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Plumberman50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 08:06 PM
    When do Support stop for a high school drop out
    I have a 17 year old who plan to drop out of school and attend the National Guard Youth Challenge Program to get their GED. When would child support stop?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 08:11 PM
    When you go back to court and ask them to stop it and the judge agrees.

Most likely at the end when they get their GED
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Usually support stops when a child is emancipated otherwise rule of thumb in most states is 18 and finished with HS. In some states support orders are till a child reaches 21.
    lady anne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Why does a non-custodial have to pay the state back when they have pay their child support and the child is 22 yrs old
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 2, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lady anne
    why does a non-custodial have to pay the state back when they have pay their child support and the child is 22 yrs old

You have posted this on another thread - and now piggybacked it on this thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

What's the meaning of it all? Drop out of school? [ 8 Answers ]

This past couple months have been both amazing and awful for me, to say the least. My life has been a roller coaster. I've tried the law of attraction, and everything else. But I just can't focus on school, and I'm somehow ruining all my relationships (family and friends). The very little self...

What is the earliest age you may drop out in Utah's Jordan School District? [ 2 Answers ]

I wasn't sure where to put this so since its in a way related to high school I put it here, if there is any problems please notify me. Anyway, I was just wondering when is the earliest age you may Drop out in Utah's Jordan School District? I've promised myself for my own reasons that I am...

High school drop out [ 3 Answers ]

I was kicked out of school in December 2006 and now I'm back in school to finish my grade 12 I can seem to make class everyday can anyone help me with ideas to get back on track

Just looking for support to drop pounds [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 5'3 230lbs and 30 yrs old. I've been over 200 lbs for 5 yrs now and don't even remember what I used to look like when I was 140lbs, which was maybe 10 yrs ago. Its amazing how weight jumps up so high when your not paying attention. I honestly felt and thought I looked the same as I did 7 yrs...

View more questions Search