Do I need a business license to start my cleaning business
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 06:31 PM
    In most areas yes you will need a business license
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2008, 03:02 AM
    What kind of cleaning business is it that you are going to have? I have never known someone to be required to have a license in order to clean homes or the offices of businesses. The exception might be if you were to operate your business out of a store front; use a different name other then yourself, and the requirements of the law where you will be working.

I have a number of private businesses that I operate. Since I don't operate them by using a name whereby I am "doing business as" I don't have to have a business license or permit of any kind in order for me to do business. If you are operating your business under a different name other than just yourself, it's possible that you might need to have a business license.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to go to get a Cleaning License? [ 8 Answers ]

I have worked for years for someone else and now want to work around my own schedule. I want to work in the cleaning service but have no idea where to start.

Cleaning license [ 3 Answers ]

How Do I Get A Cleaning License

What I have to do for get my cleaning license [ 5 Answers ]

What I have to do for get my cleaning license

Cleaning 'license [ 1 Answers ]

I am starting a housecleaning business, sole proprietor, no employees. How and where do I get 'bonded' and what (if any) is the difference between being 'bonded' and 'insured'? Thanks!

Cleaning license [ 9 Answers ]

I need to get my cleaning license but don't know where, I live here in Arizona can someone help me?

View more questions Search