Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    086 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 04:25 PM
    is this man confusing, or is it just me going crazy?
    this guy and I dated a couple of times before he moved city, attraction was strong but distance made us drift apart. I know he has liked me a long time, we have known each other 2 years.

5 months later distance is not an issue, we meet again and I find out through his friend that he is dating some girl (not me), the guy I dated says 'it's nothing'.. after knowing this, I stop all communication, and I tell him that I noticed I always have to email him first, which he laughs off (btw: he thinks that I may have a boyfriend, and I don't know if this influences the actions to follow.. )

2 weeks after the meeting, he random emails and after small talk, tells me he has a girlfriend! So quick? After telling me it was nothing serious? Well this is what is confusing me.. 1 week after telling me he has a girlfriend, he now forwards me jokes, emails etc as if to keep in touch or something, like having an excuse to talk? He didn't do this before, He even emails to see what I am up to.

Why is he doing this? Does he feel sorry for me or am I his backup plan?
    Are his actions confusing or is it just me? I wonder if he would tell me he has a girlfriend only to make me jealous because he thought I have a boyfriend? Is that even a possibility?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 04:31 PM
    You assume there's more to what he says and does that what he presents. The more likely reality is that he's presenting things exactly as they are and there's nothing more here to figure out.

So, it is very likely you're confusing yourself and driving yourself nuts trying to figure out what isn't there to figure out at all.

If you want there to be more between you two, shake off these thoughts of "intrigue" and just deal with him like he's an honest, straightforward person.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 07:32 PM
    You are just on his list of forward addresses to send emails to.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Apr 24, 2008, 08:53 PM
    It seems he's one of those people that makes decisions on selfish needs and doesn't look at the big picture. He moved away and he doesn't have you there so he'll just find another one. And by emailing you and telling you about it, your jealousy makes him feel better about himself.

Possibly, but either way let him go his own way and you go yours. He doesn't seem to be worth all the drama.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is so confusing! [ 4 Answers ]

I've been dating my boyfriend for 2 years. (4 if you wouldn't count break-ups) He has this friend that is ALWAYS at our house, 5 days out of 7. About 2-3 months ago I just started feeling left out all the time. I wanted his attention & it seemed like he wouldn't give it to me. He would rather go to...

Very Confusing Ex? [ 2 Answers ]

First and foremost; I would like to Thank you for taking the time to read this! I'm looking for some non-judgemental insight/advice on a very Confusing ex? It's a long story but he and I dated for almost 2 years and he Broke up with me suddenly because of his "hang-ups". Shortly after that ...

So confusing. [ 1 Answers ]

My man broke up with me 8 months ago. Due to commitment issues. He said he loved me but did not want to commit... and said it was not fair on me... We had some contacts until February. He was dating another. When he found out about me finding out his girlfriend, (his girlfriend phoned a friend of...

What shall I do? Confusing [ 2 Answers ]

Been split up about 2-3 weeks with my girl, she said she needed space and for first week I did not give it her but last week I have. I sent her a text yesterday to se if she OK n she said she been thorugh a lot over weekendn, she asked if I w anted to go out with her and her mate but I said no...

Very confusing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Joe, If you're asking about this site, it's active. What's the problem? :o

View more questions Search