Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Feb 16, 2006, 08:36 PM
    Nikon View Freezes
    Hello,
    I have updated Nikon View on a computer I am working on and now it freezes whenever I try to use it to navigate through folders. I can view photos in it fine, I can create new folders but as soon as I try to change from the folder it starts and go up 1 level or open a subfolder it just stops responding. As soon as I open Nikon View the cpu operates at 100%. I am still able to do other things with the computer and do all the things I mentioned earlier in spite of this. I have tried re-installing the software with both new and old versions, booting it into safe mode, uninstalling the graphics card, updating the graphics card drivers, changing settings in Nikon View itself and checked the folders to see if they are corrupt (they work fine outside of Nikon View.) I have contacted Nikon but so far they have not come up with a solution. Please help! Anyone!
    mcphoto Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2008, 03:11 PM
    If you either (A) have Photoshop or a similar image editor that works with the Camera Raw plugin, or (B) don't mind spending the cash for a powerful retouching program (Photoshop Elements for the Mac is a killer deal feature-wise, I'm sure there are PC alternatives as well), skip Nikon View altogether and open raw files with the Camera Raw plugin. You'll be very, very glad you did.

Camera Raw is a fantastic way to work with Raw images, and it opens them directly into your image editor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nikon FM10 Filter [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a nikon FM10 and I want to buy a polarizing filter.. which one should I use?

Nikon Coolpix Battery Life [ 4 Answers ]

I've got an Nikon Coolpix 3700 using EN-EL5 batteries. According to the documentation I should be able to get 250-300 pictures per cycle but I'm only getting 100. This is just using the camera normally with some previewing and no editing.

Web cam freezes [ 2 Answers ]

undefined Hello, I have been having trouble with my web cam, it seems to freeze a lot. Any suggestions? I have re-installed it several times. It is a Logi-tech Quick Cam. -- thanks Lydia

Central AC freezes up [ 1 Answers ]

My Central AC freezes up after running for a couple of hours. Ice forms on the evaporator coils. Thermostat is set a 75. Thanks for any help.

Computer is freezing [ 2 Answers ]

well I'm having the problem that my computer continuosly is freezing. So I read that may be for some spy or other things my computer would have, so I downloaded hijackthis and did a scan but I don't know what should I do this is the hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2 Scan saved at...

View more questions Search