Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Deteriorating health in the past 3 weeks
    I have a problem, it's starting to scare me:

First I had intense stomach pains for a week straight, to the point where all I could do to feel better is sleep.

Then I had what I thought could've been a pulled muscle in my left butt cheek.

Then I had a tense left calf muscle, which I attributed to limping from the pulled butt muscle.

NOW, I have a sharp pain under my rib cage on the left side, and it's spreading into my shoulder.

I can't sleep because of this. It hurts way worse when I lay down. It hurts really bad when I breathe in deep, or cough.

What is going on with me? This has been my health for the passed three weeks.

I don't have health insurance, so unless something really bad happens I'm not going to go to the doctor. I can't afford to be in debt for the rest of my life.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 11:39 AM
    I understand you not being able to afford health care, but this is the only body you will ever have. Once it's gone, or your health is gone, so is your body.

This really should be addressed by a doctor, the left sided chest pain concerns me, and in no way can I make a diagnosis via the internet. I would have to have some labs ordered to either confirm or rule out certain ailments.
    Vision Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 11:42 AM
    What are some possibilities? And why is left sided chest pain more concerning?
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 11:46 AM
    There can be many reasons for left sided chest pain. The most serious would be cardiac. But others such as pulmonary (lungs), gallstones and gallbladder disease, and musculoskeletal causes all need to be ruled out.
    Vision Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 11:52 AM
    I was doing a little research last night, and it sounded like muscoskeletal. But that doesn't explain all the other pains that I've had over the course of this passed month.
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 12:02 PM
    That is why it is important for you to see a doctor.
    Vision Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 12:04 PM
    If I still feel horrible tonight (which I'm sure I will), I'll go to the Emergency Clinic.
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 12:08 PM
    You can do that and set it up on a payment schedule.

But remember, this is the only body you will ever have, you need to take care of it.
    Vision Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    You can do that and set it up on a payment schedule.

But remember, this is the only body you will ever have, you need to take care of it.
    The Emergency Clinic is only $45. I can't do a payment schedule. I lost my job.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 07:54 PM
    You should go to the emergency room. They will bill you later. Ask them to rule out cardiac problems. Cramping muscles can be caused by a number of things. Do you eat a balanced diet and exercise?

It sounds to me like you may need a chiropractic adjustment. I say that because I sometimes have the pain under my left bottom rib. I have trouble drawing a deep breath then. I stretch for a good 45 minutes, then my thoracic (middle of the back) vertebrae pop, and the pain goes away.

Stretch, walk and if possible, have a friend give you a massage. Do not allow anyone but a chiropractor to adjust your back. It's too dangerous.
    Vision Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 08:02 PM
    I'm not going to the emergency room. I can't afford that. I might go to the 24 hr emergency clinic in an hour or so. I will try that massage though. My boyfriend is bringing me aspirin and blue emu crème. Hopefully they work. And yes, my diet and exercise are fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

26 weeks, 3 weeks behind in growth, dr's concerned. [ 7 Answers ]

My baby is now 26 weeks, but measures 23, the Dr.'s are very concerned and have brought up the possibility of having a skeletal disorder(dwarf) because she is behind on growth, we did an amnio and also blood tests which all came back fine. They have also not found any other abnormalities. Is this...

Deteriorating lasik [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I had lasik surgery in the year 2000 and I learned that it starts deteriorating after 10 years.now is 2007 and I'm noticing the difference to the point that I'm starting to have headaches.my question is since 2000 there most have been more improvements in this procedures is there now a...

Cortisone injection creates SERIOUS side effect and my cats health is deteriorating [ 1 Answers ]

My cat , 8 yrs old, was sneezing and vomiting a little twice a week. Took him to the vet. He gave a cortisone injection.( do not know now the name but I will find out soon). Ever since, its health has been deteriorating. He does not want to eat or drink and is hiding in a closet in the apartment....

Copper water pipes deteriorating [ 2 Answers ]

My copper water pipes are deteriorating. The water is from a private municipal supply regulated by DEP. The water is aggressive with a low pH. Allegedly, DEP is not urgently granting a solution to rectify the pH. As with a water heaters' sacrficial anode which reverses the polarity of the water...

View more questions Search