Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pooller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 08:59 AM
    A/G Pool skimmer opening damaged and won't seal.
    A few years ago I had ice damage to the skimmer on my 27 ft round A/G pool. I replaced the skimmer and gaskets and it held for a few years. This year I had the liner replaced and water is leaking out of the skimmer. My pool guy is coming over to double up on the gaskets and he says that should prevent the leaking. If this doesn't work is there anyone who can recommend a fix. Someone told me to create a new skimmer opening with a piece of sheet metal. I am not confident enough in my mechanical abilities to attempt the repair. Unfortunately, my pool does not have one of those stainless steel sections that can be replaced. Can I purchase a new wall? It's an Atlantic 52" 27 ft round with a beaded liner.
    Pauric59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooller
    A few years ago I had ice damage to the skimmer on my 27 ft round A/G pool. I replaced the skimmer and gaskets and it held for a few years. This year I had the liner replaced and water is leaking out of the skimmer. My pool guy is coming over to double up on the gaskets and he says that should prevent the leaking. If this doesn't work is there anyone who can recommend a fix. Someone told me to create a new skimmer opening with a piece of sheet metal. I am not confident enough in my mechanical abilities to attempt the repair. Unfortunately, my pool does not have one of those stainless steel sections that can be replaced. Can I purchase a new wall? It's an Atlantic 52" 27 ft round with a beaded liner.
    I have the same problem with a trendsetter Cameo pool with ice damage. A hack came out to repair the wall and made it worse. Did you get a response? If so, is there any fix? Any stainless steel service panels for it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 07:57 AM
    You have your own pro coming to have a look so just go with what he recoomends. A double gasket could be just the ticket and there are many silocone sealers that would work but you may need to lower the water level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking skimmer on an above ground pool [ 2 Answers ]

I have an above ground pool and the skimmer is leaking could it be cracked?

Opening a bar/pool hall [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I are currently researching opening a bar/pool hall in Florida. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how we should go about starting this. I have gotten a little information about the liquor license in our area, but it been so extremely expensive, we have decided to go with...

Seal drain opening in concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I have just installed a one piece tub/shower unit in my basement. I had to break out about 15 inches of concrete slab from the box that was originally there to accommodate a tub. The hole is completely under the tub which which will be framed into the walls on 3 sides. Should the opening in my slab...

How to go about opening a Pool Hall? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm very interested in starting a Pool Hall, but I don't really know where to begin. I know I need to write a business plan and research the market but I'm finding it difficult to find this information. Any suggestions out there I'm looking to get started asap. All replies are greatly...

Opening a Pool Hall in Chicago [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I was posting this to see if anyone could give me any feed back on the procedures and tips of opening a small business pool hall. I am currently 23 yrs old, holding a steady tech support job. I guess what I am looking for is more or less suggestions relating to the actual finance...

View more questions Search