Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katmitchell Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Can only a blood test tell if I am pregnant
    My hubby and I are trying to get pregnant but all the home tests are negative could I still be pregnant? I am just 2 days late for my period and could I be a person that only a blood test could tell? Any answers will help thanks
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 08:20 AM
    You could be.

Hpts are effective, but not all the time. If you're 2 days late, I suggest you wait a few more days, run another hpt.
    religousgirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Apr 24, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Well have you consider that your body thinks your hubbys sperm is bactiera if you haven't thought about this then my advice is try sperm donation. See if that will work.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 08:28 AM
    religousgirl...

... what? Medically, no "body" will think that sperm is bacteria... it may try to destroy the sperm, but that happens in any normal case. There's also PLENTY of other methods before turning to sperm donation... there's also artificial insemination.

My advice to katmichell stands... wait a few days (4 - 5 days), take another hpt (follow directions... morning urine, double pack... ), and see if that works. A lot of couples take up to 2 years to get pregnant, so don't be discouraged.

Also, have you seen a fertility counselor?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by religousgirl
    well have you consider that your body thinks your hubbys sperm is bactiera if you haven't thought about this then my advice is try sperm donation. see if that will work.
    What?

Hun, you are only 2 days late. In the medical community that is not late even for the most regular woman.

Also, are you taking the HPTs using first morning urine? That is important as it contains the highest level of HCG (pregnancy hormone). If you don't get your period in another week I would try testing again in the morning.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 27, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by halaobaid
    hello everyone my name is hala am 22 yrs, i ve been married for almost one year and i have been trying to get pregnant since i got married.
    i've always had an irregular periods, but latley they are becoming very late like 20 days late or something and everytime i do a blood pregnancy test and it comes back negative and then i get my period.
    do you think i should take pills to make my periods regular or do i have a chance to get pregnant with irregular periods?
    answer as am so confused
    thankx
    Please start your own thread, this is called piggybacking on someone else's thread and it is not allowed.

Also you will get more answers if you start your own thread.

Thank you.
    halaobaid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Sorry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative blood test and urine test! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late...

Blood test or pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Is a blood test more accurate to tell if someone is pregnant than a pregancy test?

How soon should I take a blood test to see if I am pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 10 months now. I usually get my period the day of or the day before my ovulation calendar shows me getting it. I was supposed to get my period yesterday and I have not gotten it yet. I took a pregnancy test and it showed up negative. Does...

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

View more questions Search