Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raven13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Dog is Biting
    We just took in a Jack Russell from an abused home. Supposedly the guy was very abusive to Max. But I think it was this guys wife. Ok here is the problem please help. He loves my 19 year old son and sleeps with him. He is OK with my husband as well. My daughter and I can not get near this dog without him trying to bite us. If me and my daughter go to give him food he will take it from us with out biting but as soon as that happens he is ready to bite us. What can I do.:o
    religousgirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Apr 24, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Well I will start by having a muzzle on the dog if that doesn't help at all then I would conntact a behavoral dog expert.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Forget the muzzle. Keep feeding him and telling him he is a good dog. Avoid eye contact and letting him see your teeth. Keep your hand away from the top of his head, and don't tower over him. Give him time to learn you aren't going to hurt him.

Standing straight, looking somebody in the eye, and flashing a big toothy grin often works well with people, but is the worst thing you can do with a dog.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat biting itself [ 1 Answers ]

Have taken cat to 6 different vets and everyone says something different, nothing ia helping our cat. We are a family of pet lovers and I have never seen anything like this. Our cat "baby girl" is chewing at her skin up to the point of it bleeding---her intense biting at her nipples is strange,...

Duncan still biting [ 2 Answers ]

Duncan is a BIG boy now almost 70lbs and he's been overall a very good pup. Sometimes though, he does still bite my fiancé and lunges at her, when they are playing ball or something, he'll drop the ball and start trying to bite. He doesn't typically do this with me. He has been neutered and...

Biting Flies [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get rid of biting flies...

My two year old is biting! [ 14 Answers ]

My two year old has never really been a bitter. Now he is biting all the time. When he gets frustrated... How do I get him to stop biting. Like today I put him in timeout, and on the way he bit me so hard he made me bleed. I don't want to put down his self esteem... but nothing I am doing is...

View more questions Search