Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eugene4711 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 06:21 PM
    Kansas State Renters Law for Renters
    I live in Lenexa, Kansas a part of Johnson County Kansas. I need to know
    What the law is governing renters rights when it comes to repair of things
    Like garbage disposals etc. I also need to know if it is a requirement of the
    Law to have shades or blinds furnished by landlord or if this is the responsibiltiy of the tenant.

I would also like to know if a landlord can give you a thirty day notice if you
    Have been sited for a dog nuisance or a commercial size truck being parked in
    Your driveway based on the law, if this vehicle was purchased a non commercial vehicle for restoration purposes.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2006, 09:04 AM
    Hello eugene:

Look up your states landlord/tenant law at rentlaw.com. Read it. Become familiar with it.

The short answer to your question is, if you don't have a lease, you are month to month. Therefore, the landlord can send you a 30 day notice for any reason at all, even if she just doesn't happen to like the color of your tie.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to evict renters after buying a home [ 4 Answers ]

I am purchasing my mother in-laws home. I am closing in three weeks. If I close on Feb 28th, is it possible for me to evict my mother in-law's current roommate? She has no lease and has been living there since Nov.-05. Can I kick her out on Feb. 28th?

Renters Rights [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter just signed a rental lease and paid the first months rent plus a sizable security deposit. Two days later she found a bigger and nicer house for the same price. She called the first landlord and explained the situation. The first months rent was returned but none of the deposit. They...

Renters rights [ 10 Answers ]

I live in a large complex and my lease is up for renewal. The new lease is stating the complex will no longer be paying the water, sewer and heat as part of the rental amount. We do not have individual meters, so they will take the total amount due by the entire complex and divide that...

Renters leave belongs [ 3 Answers ]

We have a property in In. We have renter that have left furniture and personal belongs in the house. They owe back rent, We have the items in storage for over a year. Can we now get rid of the things. By selling them and using it on the back rent and storage fee for the items. Or should we just...

View more questions Search