Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wtwahk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 12:18 AM
    Unable to send fax from new PC
    I bought a new PC where there is no port to connect the telephone line. As such, I am unable to send fax from this new PC. What should I do?
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 24, 2008, 08:48 AM
    You've got two cost effective options.
    First you could go buy a fax modem. They usually don't cost too much, you can open the case and install it (as long as you have a free slot in the cmoputer), insert the CD that came with it if needed, and you'll be on your way.

Second, there are email-fax services you can subscribe to, where you would just scan the page and not have to dial out... just attach it to an email or scan it into the program provided by the company you get the service from. It goes out from your system over email, and they take care of turning it into a fax on the phone lines. This works for incoming faxes, too, so you don't have to waste paper on printing everything out that you don't need, and you'll have an electronic copy of everything that you can easily file.

It's probably easier to set up the first option, especially if you want o keep your current fax number or you don't do a lot of faxing, but the second is easier to manage once you get it going.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 24, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Wow, I haven't seen a PC sold without a built in modem for years. Was this a custom job? Every brand I've seen from retail has one.

But if you don't have one, you could do what Chirs suggested or get an external modem, there are some that will connect to a USB port.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Send songs [ 3 Answers ]

How do I send a song from my computer to another computer?:)

How do you send songs [ 2 Answers ]

I have msn how do I send songs? And for the windos media player I have an iPod how do I get my songs from I pod to that?:D :cool: help!

I want to make my computer unable to receve or send wirless info [ 5 Answers ]

I have a built in wireless and I want to make my laptop so that it is steailth in other words I don't want a singal signal comeing from this laptop or going to it I want it dead no radio sigunals or other wise how do I accoplish this I plan on going out to the woods to live and I don't need a...

Company won't send W2 [ 2 Answers ]

My son worked for a Canadian Company located in Pa. It is now Feb. 12 and still no W2. We have called 3 times and they keep saying he should get it but so far he hasn't. Supposedly it is being mailed from the main headquarters in Canada. Could someone please help. Thanks

Stuff others send me [ 1 Answers ]

A little girl, dressed in her Sunday best, was running as fast as she could, trying not to be late for Bible class. As she ran she prayed, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late! Dear Lord, please don't let me be late!" While she was running and praying, she tripped on a curb and...

View more questions Search