Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    demonbrat711 Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Parakeet beak really dark?
    I have a parakeet I'm not sure how old she is I have had her for about 3 years but I recently got a puppy I have had him for 4 months and I always have to focus my time on the puppy I mean I play with the parakeet but not as much at the puppy... but I just noticed that her beak is turning really dark almost black but its not that dark... yet... is something wrong with her??
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2008, 01:39 PM
    No, she's just maturing that's all hence the beak color changing to an adult color.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 02:04 AM
    Her beak turning very dark could be a sign that she has hurt herself and is bleeding in the beak area. If you can, have a vet check her. Birds can lose up to 50% of their blood and can make new blood really quickly. Birds also act normally even if something is wrong. In the wild, a sick bird is easy prey, so they act as if everything's fine.
    mrssittingduck Posts: 151, Reputation: 24

May 4, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Hi, could you please tell us what sort of parakeet you keep, this would help give an answer to your question, as some birds beaks change color with maturity and some don't, is it the actual beak that changed color or the bit around the nostrils that changed color , what is the color of your bird, and do you have any pics of the color before it changed and a pic of what it is like now,

If the beak does look blood stained then take to the vets asap, otherwise it could be maturity , dietry, r age related, as well as illness, every little bit of info when it comes to birds can help,

Regards
    Katie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Circles or Dark Shades Under My Eyes [ 4 Answers ]

Hello it really bothers me that I have dark circles under my eyes and some people think that I'm doing drugs or something like that because of my dark circles and they make my eyes look small. I absolutlely hate it when I get my picture taken and I look so tired in all of them but my mother also...

Parakeet with lead poisoning? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Hey everyone!I'm dealing with a serious situation. I have two parakeets, a girl and a boy. However I never raised parakeets before and I'm concerned because not only have my birds been fighting every five seconds but my girl parakeet turned black the other day and then green again. Also...

Budgie (parakeet) breeding [ 2 Answers ]

Does a pair of parakeet need to be in a nesting box in order to breed?

Does dr.palmers work on dark dark skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,my friend is lyk pitch black and I'm lyk a chocolate color but a little lighter and I need to know will dr.palmers skin whitener and lightner work and get her lite.How light will she get if she uses it?And how long will it take

Not sure what is wrong with my parakeet? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a parakeet that has been just laying around on the bottom of his cage today. I noticed when he finally got up onto his perch that his right foot is stiff. I'm worried because my last parakeet just laid around on the bottom of the cage before he died, but he didn't have a stiff foot. ...

View more questions Search