Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msorba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2004, 07:01 PM
    French citizenship
    My grandfather was born in france. Is there anyway for me to obtain Franch Nationality this way?

Thanks!
    Hemraj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2006, 01:06 PM
    QUOTE=I was born to Indian parents in French Overseas Department in Saint Denis, Reunion Island. I was born on 18 September 1988.

I left Reunion Island in December 1989.

I would like to know whether on the basis of my birth in Reunion Island [French territory], am I entitled for French citizenship?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Feb 10, 2006, 01:09 PM
    I'm not being smart, but couldn't you both email or telephone your french embassy and ask them?
    I always presumed that DOM TOM territories allowed French citizenship,but you will only know for sure by checking with the relevant authorities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

French Citizenship from French Mother [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking into getting French citizenship for myself. Born here in US, 24 years old, my mother moved here from France when quite young and is still a French citizen. According to most of what I've read (in English) this would make me automatically French, I'd just need to get the...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

French Citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

I have yet another question on applying for French Citizenship. I was born in the US, but my father had permanent residency in France in the 60s because he came from a French Colony, Laos. He also obtained both his undergraduate and masters degree in France. However, when he moved to the U.S. he...

View more questions Search