Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lief_of_Del Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Apr 23, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Project, teach class about art
    In my language class each student has to teach the class something and I was going to do something on art
    I want to do something interesting since everyone else has been doing ghosts, future technology, psychotic killers and other stuff like that and some people don't want me to do art
    I can do anything I want so the art subject could be vague or about a certain part of it

I was thinking of talking a little bit about each major art style, like what they did back then compared to modern and even the weird thing where people just toss paint around

I'm also going to look for weird artists that had weird techniques and other unusual things
    (van go and his ear)

I'm also thinking of adding some cool videos of someone drawing something

I'm researching right now but if anyone has any ideas and would like to help I would appreciate it
    I still have another project and have to read a book and all 3 are due beginning next week

Thanks in advance
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Maybe you could choose an era from this list(in the following link) and go on from there?

The link lists Art movements,both modern and contemporary.Each movement is explained along with artists who belong to each category.You will be able to find information on different artists.

timeline modern art by movement, school, style and period...the-artists.org

EDIT::
    As you had mentioned your interest in Vincent Van Gogh for your Art project,here is a good place to start-
    Vincent van Gogh Mental Health, Physical Health
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 03:01 PM
    I think this is one of the most beautiful representations for the "throwing paint around" genre. Don't know if you would be able to show this, but wow... takes my breath away and brings a tear to my eye every time I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vid...UIKNUPDWJF0aio
    Lief_of_Del Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Apr 23, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Firm thanks for the links
    It was easier to find the art styles I was looking for and van goh is a really weird artist
    I tried painting one of his pieces before but its hard

Historianchick that was amazing
    That video was exactly what I needed for the ending of my lesson thing
    Michael israel is now one of my favorite people
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 10:11 PM
    You are welcome!:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2008, 11:34 PM
    I would like to add that the thing about Van Gogh's ear is a subject that has some mystery about it. We don't really know if he cut off his whole ear or just part of it. The story that I learned about it, was that he was jilted by a girl, so that's why he supposedly did it.

You also might want to delve into the works of other artists who were also contemporaries of Van Gogh and/or who were influenced by his style. Post-Impressionism | Thematic Essay | Timeline of Art History | The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Picasso is another very interesting artist who produced over 80,000 artworks of various kinds. He was able to do this because it was his passion and he lived to be so old. He could be compared to Mozart (the composer of music) who didn't live so long, but who most likely would have produced an equal number of artistic works (music) had he lived long enough to produce them.

http://serdar-hizli-art.com/picasso/mother_child.htm

Picasso's Blue Period 1901-04 | Art Knowledge News

There is an interesting article about Van Gogh and his relationship to a person named Paul Gauguin on the following link: When Van Gogh met Gauguin | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET.com It is worth the read. Van Gogh was definitely kind of nuts! A genius, but disturbed...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wha does class e and class b mens [ 8 Answers ]

Hello I live in the state of ma. My question is what does class e means and class b for license electricians.

If you have a felony can you still teach [ 2 Answers ]

I was convicted with a felony. Can I still teach in Colorado?

Will I ever be able to Teach with a Felony? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was charged with attempted second degree aggravated battery on my husband. I am on 2 years probation with no jail time. I am a graduate from LSUS and I am planning on returning back to school to get my masters in Education, but I have a felony. I have talked to some teachers and they...

How can I teach him to communicate? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship for just under 2 years. I really love this guy and have thoroughly enjoyed being with him... however, a problem that comes up periodically is that he seems to lack the ability to communicate about tough topics. We can chat and laugh about the normal things all day...

Should I teach? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if you could advise me concerning my current education situation. I'm a sophomore tunring into a junior at Rowan University and I was pursuing a major in English and certification to be a teacher. I wanted to be a high school or middle school English/Literature teacher, but I...

View more questions Search