Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reicy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 10:24 AM
    91 Nissan Maxima
    I have a 91 Nissan Maxima and my car is taking a long time to pick up speed and it I keep hearing some type of knocking, puttering noise. When I get up to about it 45 mph it seems to be fine but it takes forever for me to get to that. I have had the spark plugs and spark plug wires changed but that didn't help. Could you please tell me what this could be?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Try using a higher octane of gasoline. That could be your problem if it knocks like that.
    josh1987 Posts: 18, Reputation: -1

Apr 23, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Sounds like a rod is knocking I would take it in and have it checked out before you totally trash your engine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nissan maxima [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1997 nissan maxima. It will not pass emisson's. They tell me it's a misfire in cylinder number 4. what could be causing this and how could I get it fixed. I don't have much money to put in it. Please help.

Starter on nissan maxima [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the starter on a 1999 Nissan Maxima

2007 nissan maxima [ 1 Answers ]

Will unleaded regular gas harm or damage the 2007 nissan maxima

2005 nissan maxima [ 1 Answers ]

How do you change the license plate light

Nissan maxima 99 [ 5 Answers ]

My wife has a cowoker who has a 99 Maxima. The car will shut off when she is coming to a stop. Doesn't happen all the time. A garage said it may be the map sensor and quoted her $500.00 to replace it. Any thoughts what may be the problem?

View more questions Search