Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    086 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 09:10 AM
    does he feel sorry for me, is that why.
    This guy and me have known each other for 2 yrs and I know he has liked me a long time, we dated a couple of times before he left for a new city.. but the attraction was strong. 5 months later, distance is no issue, but he is dating another girl.. it is 'not serious'.. THEN, 2 weeks later he random emails to tell me he has a girlfriend.. 2 weeks after saying it was nothing? So quick? Anyway, he thinks I have a boyfriend for some reason.. not sure if it influenced him to tell me about his girlfriend.

After telling me his 'news', I have stopped all communication.. because clearly he has chosen the other girl.. but only 1 week after his news, he is forwarding me emails with jokes etc as if to keep in touch, I don't respond.

I feel this guy is playing with my head, and it hurts me to think that he has a girlfriend.. but then still trying to hurt me by keeping in touch? Does he feel sorry for me? Why do you think he does this?

We have never been 'friends' if you know what I mean, there has always been sexual tension, so I don't think he wants to keep the friendship?
    billyhoyle Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Maybe he does feel sorry, but if it is really bothering you that he is still trying to keep in contact, (which it sounds like it does) you need to tell him that you are not comfortable receiving emails from him. You don't have to give an explanation if you don't want. But if it is making you upset by getting these emails and you are not making any contact on your own, you need to tell him to stop.
    Mariesa Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 12:46 PM
    I would just cut him off completely! Tell him to stop emailing you . He's trying to make himself feel justified because he "dissapointed" you. He's only doing it to ease his conscience and to see how much you'll take from him
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 02:20 PM
    It really doesn't matter what his feelings and motives are all about. Just send his emails to junk, and leave it at that. He made his choice, let him live with it. Good Luck with moving on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It doesn't feel right nor does it feel the same no more [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have been going out since June 2 2007. Before when he asked me to be his girlfriend he use to talk to me more on msn and use to care a lot. But now its like everything is going wrong I got really mad at him. I am not sure if how I'm acting is the way a good girlfreind should be...

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

Why do I feel this way? [ 2 Answers ]

For the very first time in my life I feel lost. 2 years ago I thought I had everything: an aspiring future, plethora of friends, a sociable status, etc. Now, I don't see where my future is going, I have to beg and plead to hangout with my friends, and what's worse it that I no longer feel that...

Do you say how you feel? [ 5 Answers ]

OK so here's a dilemma... If you have a major crush on someone you work with and you know that she's already in a relationship, do you tell her how you feel?

View more questions Search