Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazcom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Honeywell T8411R thermostat to Tempstar Unit
    I friend of mine that works with HVAC gave me a Honeywell T8411R and wired it up to my Tempstar Unit. He had difficulty getting it to work right but eventually got it... we thought.

Come to find out it was only using emergency heat, not the heat pump. I spoke with another HVAC guy and he walked me through what I need to do (put in two jumper wires).

That done, the heat pump fired up and worked great.

First warm day this Spring, I go to fire up the A/C (which worked before) and it starts blowing hot air.

I honestly think its something not right with the wiring.

Here's how it's currently wired.

Green wire to G
    Blue wire to C
    Red wire to R
    White wire to W1
    Yellow wire to Y
    Orange wire to O
    Jumper wire between W1 & Y
    Jumper wire between E & W2
    Black and Brown wire not being used.

I would appreciate any help with how this need to be properly wired.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 08:50 AM
    All you need should be right here.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...it/69-1486.pdf

OR here. You did not give a complete model number. You will need the last 4 numbers to see which one is actually yours.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1037.pdf

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...it/69-1481.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell T8411R Thermostat Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Someone gave me this digital thermostat which was used & has no instruction papers. I have a Goodman Heating & A/C self contained unit outside for a mobile home. The old thermostat was a 4 wire system with a green wire on the G terminal, red wire on the RC terminal, blue wire on the Y terminal, and...

Wiring Honeywell thermostat T8411r to RTH3100C [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone. If you have an answer or even a suggestion, to my problem please let me know. I have been going crazy trying to figure this out. I am replacing a bad Honeywell (T8411r) thermostat. The LED lights went out and I could no longer see to adjust the temp. The HVAC unit worked...

Wires on honeywell thermostat T8411R [ 2 Answers ]

I was painting my wall and I decided to remove my thermostat off the mounting plate, after I finish I put it back but it didn't work anymore, so I check the wires and noticed a black wire that was loose, all the other wires were in place, so I tried to tight those but a think I accidentally touch...

Honeywell T8411R to Hunter 44360 Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work right. The Honeywell is wired: G... Green C... Blue R... Red W1 and Y... jumped together L... empty W2 and E... jumped together

Honeywell thermostat model #t8411r [ 1 Answers ]

Our system controls both the central air and heat in our home (which is a rental). Yesteday I noticed that after I had switched on the heat that the thermostat was no longer working. We have checked all the breakers and examined the circuit board, however, I am still in a quandry if this is a...

View more questions Search