Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latenttruth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Production of goods/services
    Hi, I am new to Economics and would greatly appreciate a good response to the following question which I find quite difficult to answer entirely on my own. (it's so longish :confused: )

Part B (7 ½ marks) (1000 words)

Choose an example of a good or service that is traded in a market.

1. (1 mark) Describe the production function for the good or service: What is the output? What are the inputs? What is the production process by which inputs are converted into output?

3. (2 marks) What do you think would be the properties of the cost of production? What are the relative importance of fixed and variable costs? What will happen to marginal costs as the quantity of output increases? How will average total cost vary with the quantity of output?

4. (2 marks) What would be an example of a make-or-buy decision for a firm producing this good or service? What would be the main advantages and disadvantages of buying rather than making?

5. (2 ½ marks) (I) Describe the type of market in which the good or service is traded: Who are the main buyers and suppliers? How does trade occur? How are prices determined? Is there any effect of government regulation on market outcomes?; and (ii) Would a firm in this market have market power? Why?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 23, 2008, 05:05 AM
    Please refer to this announcement: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...-b-u-font.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Schedule Cost of goods manufactured and cost of goods sold [ 10 Answers ]

I am taking my first class in Accounting and I am having difficulties with my homework. I have the following problem, that I have done in several ways and I always get an answer that is greater that the correct one. These are the figures (in thousands of dollars): Direct Labor Cost: $10,500...

Effect of buddhism in marketing of goods and services [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to know the effects of the beliefs in buddhism that affects the marketing environment.

Finished Goods transfer Goods Sold [ 1 Answers ]

The cost of production of completed and finished goods during the period amounted to $400,000, and the finished products shipped to customers had total production costs of $337,000. From the following, select the entry to record the transfer of costs from finished goods to cost of goods sold. I...

View more questions Search