Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classicrocker Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Apr 23, 2008, 12:08 AM
    19 seem to be sexually worried
    I'm 19 and my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years broke up with me. We lost our viginity together. She wanted to take a break and that same night she had sex with another guy. Ever since all of this has happened I've seemed to kind of lose my sex drive. I'm worried about that next person, or if my ex and I ever reconsile if I will be able to make love to her again. Just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice to moving on sexually.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 12:16 AM
    I'm assuming that the only reason that you're losing your "mojo" is because you're emotionally down. Once you get over the ex, you'll get your mojo back... just work on getting over your ex and focusing on yourself, the rest will follow suit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 05:02 AM
    Yes, interest in the next girl will bring it all back.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Depression and stress can kill libido.

Can the baggage of a past relationship affect the next one in the bedroom? Sure. You still need to be able to trust that person, and the previous mate has caused you some real pain by her actions.

Can you reconcile and have a good life with her in the bedroom? Lots of hurdles to overcome there. Some people can reconcile with a mate that cheated (even though you were broken up, and she had the full "right" to do it, it still is lousy that it went down that way)... and some cant. Usually comes down to fixing whatever was wrong or caused the breakup and also forgiving any indisretions.

Look... I was miserable after my first big love was lost. She wanted to date another guy, and still wanted me as a friend. Tried it. It sucked. I finally got a clue and left that noise alone. Not sorry I never looked back... and wed dated 7 years. But there was a lot of bad nights between walking away from her and finding some balance.

Get pi$$ed. This didn't just happen. Shed been thinking about the break and thinking about what the freedoms could mean. I can't tell you she was wrong for wanting out, since clearly she wasn't all in the relationship... if she's that distracted and distant, she needed out. But that doesn't mean anything she did was right for you. She's not acting in your best interests, so its up to you to do that.

So, to try to stay on topic... don't worry that this is going to screw you over for forever. Having had two huge loves cheat on me, I'm still able to trust my wife when she's out with the guys from work or across the ocean on a biz trip. Sure... I still have some hangups from the past... I just deal with them better over time.

You will too.

And stop fretting about libido. It'll come back.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Once you have gotten over your ex, and can move on a have a great time with others, you'll get that ole' feeling back. Right now just heal, and give yourself time.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 02:36 PM
    A blow like you suffered can cause a situational depression, hence temporary impotency.

The BEST thing you can do is to talk your emotions out with a therapist... any emotions held in can cause you a lot of trouble in your future life.

It is hard for you to understand from your viewpoint, but working through life's blows is the groundwork for wisdom and future happiness. :)

Don't run away from your heartbreak, don't retreat into your head... talk out your feelings. :)

Best wishes to you,
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 1, 2008, 05:36 PM
    When you get passed the initial hurt of this situation(aren't woemn cruel?), you will be fine. The first broken heart is sometimes the worst but you will be fine. Some fine lady is going to come along and you will be a new man!!
    teh threat Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classicrocker
    im 19 and my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years broke up with me. we lost our viginity together. She wanted to take a break and that same night she had sex with another guy. ever since all of this has happened ive seemed to kind of lose my sex drive. im worried about that next person, or if my ex and i ever reconsile if i will be able to make love to her again. Just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice to moving on sexually.
    TRUST ME you'll be able to get it up for the next girl. It'll just take several months to stop thinking about your ex. Don't bother with someone that says they want a break after nailing some other guy, honestly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he sexually attracted to me? [ 11 Answers ]

I have been seeing a younger man ( I am 34, he is 31 ). We have been living together for about 9 months. He holds me, cuddles with me, and says he is attracted to me. But, the only time he makes an advance on me is when he has a few drinks in him. Other than that I am the one that starts things. I...

Why doesn't [ 8 Answers ]

As you lie asleep, I cry awake Sex isn’t that important! I believe this to be so untrue. Sex is the physical way of expressing your desire and longing to be with someone. Normally you hear of men complaining that their significant other doesn’t give them the sexual attention they crave. In my...

Need to Pleasure Her Sexually [ 11 Answers ]

Hello. I usually post under a different name but don't want my girlfriend to see this, so I made a new account. Sorry. My girlfriend and I have been in a relationship for nearly a year and we're both young adults. Some time ago, we started being sexual with each other (very safe and protected...

Sexually Frustrated [ 4 Answers ]

My Girlfriend is going through this menopause at age 41. She has lost her sexual drive. She said she has not had an orgasm in 2 months. She fights me when I want to have sex. My drive is still there. What should I do about that?

I don't want to do anything sexually, is something wrong with me? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been with a guy for 2 1/2 yrs. He's 19 and I'm 21 in April. Out of that time we've been sexually active for at least two yrs. We both were virgian's and the problem is we used to do ''it'' a lot. We had a very healthy sexual appitite. It was our way of showing our love for each other. I don't...

View more questions Search