Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caligal442002 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Losing your lover and best friend hurts
    It's been eight years since my boyfriend killed himself. I still blame myself and probably always will.I need to know he forgives me for that day! Imiss him so much and still cry for him.I have married since then but there is a feeling of loss that never goes away! How do I let this pain go?

>Moved from Forum Help<
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 10:58 PM
    I think you should seek some counseling. It's not your fault if someone chooses to take their own life. But I understand how hard it is not to blame yourself sometimes. And a counselour could probably really help you work through your pain. You shouldn't blame yourself if he chose to take his own life, but I realize that's one of those things easier said than done.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Thank you for posting your concerns about your feelings on this subject. I lost a close friend this way and one can't help but feel remorse and guilt. At the end of the day, my conclusion is that suicide is the ultimate selfish act. I don't think my friend thought he was acting 'selfishly'; he was probably depressed, sad, hopeless, and those type things. But he made it impossible for anyone to help, ever. Similarly, I have come not to blame parents for the actions (and words) of their children; one can only do so much. Our responsibility is not limitless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a friend become a lover [ 5 Answers ]

I met this man a few weeks ago and everything seemed to be so right. He was attractive, motivated and a good listener. We ended up becoming pretty good friends, he would call and text me multiple times a day. I felt like he was very interested. He moved out west and had minimal friends out here, we...

Losing My Best Friend [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my best mate has been dating a girl. She has been coming between the two of us. I used to be able to talk to him whenever I wanted and hug him and things but now she will find any way to stop me getting near him. He doesn't see what she's doing but everyone else around us does. He says...

Losing another best friend [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I have a bestie call her x. X and I used to be really close friends that we treat each other like sisters. Then one day I felt I wasn't very close to her because we had changed classes which I understand. But when I tried to talk to x she ditches me for a girl called r. She's got too much...

What should I do: get her as Lover/ Friend [ 1 Answers ]

I met a girl 4yrs back. On the first sight I fall in love with her. She was my classmate at my college. So I started up the relationship as a friend. She was goodlooking and intelligent. Anyway through several ups & downs we carried on our relationship. But at the end of 2nd yr she got married with...

I am losing my best friend [ 1 Answers ]

My best friend and I have been friends for about 10 years, we were like sisters. I moved away, but we were still close, you know like nothing has changed. Then she got engaged to her ex boyfriend. It was out of the blue, but it still was her choice. Well, she failed to tell me about it and I...

View more questions Search