Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unclejohnny Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2006, 11:00 AM
    Finding colleges with meteorology classes, if no degree
    I live in KY and want to find a college or university that has any type of meteorology classes, either in preparation for a degree or just for beginners. I want to be a Storm Chaser to accumulate more tornado data to try and create a more advanced warning system
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Schools by major: Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology

The following schools offer Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology. Click on an institution's name to see a brief profile. To learn more about its academic offerings and see a full profile of information, from admissions data to student body demographics, check out the Premium Online Edition.

Please note: you can further narrow your list of schools by using our Majors Search to select institutions that offer a collection of majors.

Central Michigan University
    Cornell University
    Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
    Embry Riddle Aeronautical University--Prescott
    Florida Institute of Technology
    Florida State University
    Iowa State University
    Lyndon State College
    McGill University
    Metropolitan State College of Denver
    Millersville University of Pennsylvania
    New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
    North Carolina State University--Raleigh
    Northern Illinois University
    Northland College
    Ohio University
    Parsons School of Design
    Pennsylvania State University--University Park
    Plymouth State University
    Princeton University
    Rutgers--New Brunswick
    SUNY College--Brockport
    SUNY College--Oneonta
    SUNY--Albany
    San Jose State University
    St. Cloud State University
    St. Louis University
    United States Air Force Academy
    University of Arizona
    University of British Columbia
    University of California--Berkeley
    University of California--Davis
    University of California--Los Angeles
    University of Hawaii--Manoa
    University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign
    University of Kansas
    University of Louisiana--Monroe
    University of Miami
    University of Michigan--Ann Arbor
    University of Missouri--Columbia
    University of Nebraska--Lincoln
    University of North Carolina--Asheville
    University of North Dakota
    University of Oklahoma
    University of South Alabama
    University of Utah
    University of Washington
    University of Wisconsin--Madison
    University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee
    Valparaiso University
    Western Connecticut State University
    Western Illinois University

Good web site for stromchasers
    http://www.stormchaser.com/

http://nexrad.allisonhouse.com/

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/faq/tornado/

Conference season is fast approaching, and there are a variety of organization meetings, chase events, and SKYWARN seminars to choose from.

* National Storm Chaser Convention 2006 is the key event to attend! It’s being held at Denver between Feb 17-19. The cost is $79 and there is no deadline.

* National Severe Weather Workshop 2006 is another fine choice, being held at Oklahoma City on March 2-4. You can get in for as little as $40, but late registration prices take effect in February. There’s always a strong presence here from the OU, NSSL, and SPC community.

* TESSA 2006 storm conference will be held in the Fort Worth area on March 11. Some exciting highlights include a presentation by chase pioneer David Hoadley, Stormtrack’s own Tim Marshall talking about Hurricane Katrina, and a discussion on chase ethics by Charles Doswell.

* Central Iowa NWA Severe Storm Conference will take place in Des Moines on March 23-25. As this is somewhat of an industry and professional conference, the cost to get in is $125, however students get a sizable discount.

* North Texas Spotter Training is always top-notch, especially the handful of classes taught by severe weather legend Alan Moller. A fun and informative event is guaranteed, and it’s free!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

Colleges and universities [ 1 Answers ]

I just you to help me find the right university for me. I would like to study computer engineer or architectural engineer. Thanks.

Meteorology nut [ 2 Answers ]

My Husband's son is really interested about meteorology where can I purchase those instruments of precision (like for example a barometer ), also are they any association or meeting where he can participate either e-mail or... anything will help thank you

Meteorology - sunlight [ 8 Answers ]

How many hours sun lit in Paris this year 2005: In January In February In March In April Thanks Jane

View more questions Search