Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolfnz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 10:57 AM
    How to prevent a tan from peeling?
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew what I can use to prevent my tan from peeling and my skin getting too dry? Thanks.
    Fergus O'Carroll Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2006, 05:54 AM
    Apply loads of aftersun cream and it should do the trick .Apply in the morning before you go out and also in the evening .

You should also drink lots and lots of water to help keep re-hydrate your skin
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2006, 06:59 AM
    Hi,
    If you happen to get sun burned, which I hope you don't, then put White Distilled Vinegar on the burn. It helps relieve the pain, and promotes healing.
    The answer before mine is very good. If you don't have any after tan lotion, then any good lotions, such as Aveeno will help keep it moist. Tans last longer when moist, not allowing the skin to "dry out".
    Best wishes, and best of luck.
    PS, Tried to give an "approval" comment to the answer before mine, but got the ole pop-up window about "pass it around some more......"!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 11, 2006, 01:19 AM
    Dolf, there is no sure way to protect a suntan from peeling. When human skin peels, it is because dead skin cells are shedding. Dead skin cells cannot be revived, however, there are safeguards that can protect you from peeling. Some people use a moisturizer every day after sunning to avoid peeling. Tan Extenders can also be used to preserve and extend tanning results. They enhance the appearance of an existing tan, while moisturizing the skin for a longer lasting tan and prevent peeling and flaking.
    jaidognuts Posts: 6, Reputation: -3

Dec 15, 2010, 05:43 PM
    White vinegar and moisturieser is great. Really soothing.
    (NOTE: Don't NOT mix them together, do it seperatly)
    God bless
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2010, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaidognuts View Post
    white vinegar and moisturieser is great. really soothing.
    (NOTE: DONT NOT mix them together, do it seperatly)
    god bless
    You just revived a thread from four years ago (DEAD THREAD) and you gave advice on a topic that is exactly the same thing you just asked about!!

?!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 15, 2010, 08:46 PM

4 year old thread CLOSED!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ball missing in sewer drain to prevent back flow [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to replace the missing ball in my basement floor drain without completely removing the existing pipe and concrete floor? The drain has backed up a few times but nothing major; a partial clog has been removed. I would like to replace the ball before anything serious happens. ...

Papaya Whitening Peeling Cream [ 0 Answers ]

Has anyone used this product before? It's supposed to peel off dead skin cells and make you more radiant/lighter? If anyone has used this product please give me some feedback.. this will help the rest of us learn more about the product!

How do you prevent MS Word from requesting a virus scan? [ 8 Answers ]

What I want to know is how to prevent MS Word from making the request in the first place. What registry entry, if there is one, needs to be changed to disable it. Yes, I've read the other posts about Word requesting virus scans and those solutions do not help my set up. I have virus protection...

Front door peeling [ 1 Answers ]

My front door clear coat is flaking it goes not receive a lot of sun light. The door is fiberglass and is stained. Any ideas how to fix this problem.

Water Heater... is There A Blow Back Valve To Prevent The Tank From Going Dry And [ 8 Answers ]

Damage will result if element comes on when tank is dry in a water heater. I live in a community where the water is constantly being shut off and the element burns out. Is there a type off blow back valve that can be installed to prevent the tank from going dry.

View more questions Search