Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    big_sweet16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Lose 55lbs. In a month
    Hi I am 16 years old 5'08 and weigh 180lbs. And I want to lose 55lbs. In a month for my prom; how can I do tha?
    kconn82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Apr 22, 2008, 05:20 PM
    It is not healthy to lose more than 1 lbs per week. Plus, losing weigh slow and healthy has a better chance of not returning. I think you should eat a healthy diet and exercise. Plus, you 'll feel so good because you lost the weight through self-control and hard-work. It will really boost your self-esteem.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 05:22 PM
    You can not, it is far to dangerous to even try and do that.
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Apr 22, 2008, 05:48 PM
    If you lose that much weight your body will go in to shock and it is possible that you could gain more than you lose,this is not a good plan.you need to lose weight slowly in one year [i seen this somewhere]you can lose from 30 to 50 lbs and that is healthy but to lose that in 1 month will not happen

You need to make some major changes in your diet
    Exercise for 30minutes to 1 hours or more a day
    Make sure you get enough sleep
    Dancing is a great way to lose weight put your favourite cd on and off you go [i dance everyday with my son-its fun and it burns calories]
    Stop snacking on junk -if your hungry and had your 3 meals that day get sum fruit not crisp,chocolate,no soda there is so much sugar in coke,fanta,7up,I think its 22 sugars in a small bottle
    Set a goal weight one that won't make your body go in to shock.start with a lb then when you have lost that reset it back to a lb and start again

You have to work hard and stick to your diet to lose weight
    I am not a Patsy Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Apr 22, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Whoa, girl. You're going to hurt yourself.
    You can only achieve something and keep it when you have a realistic attitude.
    My suggestion: Try losing 1-2 pounds a week by eating healthy( have good judgement)
    And an hour of exercise a day.
    I can't promise you'll be anywhere near 130 in a month but you'll definitely feel better and success will become closer everyday.
    X lucy X Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2008, 09:57 AM
    If you lose that much weight in so little time you will get very ill and then when you start eating properly again then you'll put all the weight back on.

Try and do 1-2hrs of exercise every day and don't eat any carbs with your supper.
    Eat cereal for brekkie and for lunch have something like a fat free yoghurt and a brown bread sandwich. For supper you could have roast veg or something like that. It will help you to lose weight and keep it off.

By doing this you're unlikely to lose 55lbs in a month but it's possible to lose about 20 or 30lbs.

Good luck x
    cleanfun Posts: 26, Reputation: 10

Apr 28, 2008, 10:18 AM
    It's not what you want to hear but these people are shooting you straight. Instead of losing 55lbs for your prom, agree to lose 55lbs as a prom-resolution. You can start now.

Just by exercising and eating right you can dramatically change your shape and that's really what you're after. Don't count on scales to tell you what's right & wrong.

I've found that manual labor & hard work are extremely more efficient then gyms, sit ups, push ups, etc. Find something that you want/like to do, like gardening, landscaping, or carpentry for example. Don't use power-tools but instead, use the good old fashioned hand tools.

Pulling weeds out of a garden, tilling the soil with a hoe, etc, these things work miracles for your body & mind. To top it all off, you are killing 4 or more birds with one stone.

1, you're getting into shape.
    2, you're growing your own food sources that are healthy and good for you.
    3, you're saving money (a lot) with the failing US Dollar and the skyrocketing food prices, particularly produce.
    4, you're getting time to think and clean out your mind. Spending time with nature and building some character. And character is super-sexy!

Good luck, have fun, and send me some maters!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose 50/60 pounds in 1 month? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello, my name is Noemi and unfortunately like many of us I have gained a huge amount of weight.. I am 6'00 ft tall and before I got married I use to weight 148 (I was super skinny and I loved it).. Those were the happy days for me-all of the cloths I would try on or wear fit beautifully.....

How can I ask my roommate to give 30 days notice on a month to month lease ? [ 1 Answers ]

I am3 months into a month to month agreement with my current roommate. We were in a 6 month lease together that has expired over 3 months ago. I am currently wanting to dissolve the relationship and go into a 12 month lease with our landlord on my own. I know she is not ready to vacate, but can I...

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

View more questions Search