Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lief_of_Del Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Apr 22, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Excercising after having mono
    I got mono a long time ago and had to stop playing sports and stuff
    After the symptoms went away I started doing what I normally do but I can't anymore

I was the best long distance runner on the soccer team but I could barely last a minute afterwards
    I trained again but I still am not close to where I used to be

I couldn't do ten push ups right afterwards but after training for a couple months I can now do about thirty five before failing
    I still can't run for to long

Has anyone else had mono
    How long does it take to recover from it
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 02:02 PM
    It really depends on how severe your mono was, how long you had it, and how long it's been.

I'm sure you know, that mono debilitates the body completely... so treat your body as if you just got out of the hospital after being there for 2 months. Rest plenty, eat/drink well, and slowly gain your strength back. I've seen kids recover fully after 2 months of mono, and I've also seen kids take up to 6 months to get back to their full strength.

If you really feel ill/weak, there's a possibility that you may have another infection. Check with your doctor.
    Lief_of_Del Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Apr 22, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2008, 06:15 PM
    I had mono every year from the time I was 12. Yes, supposedly this is a one time deal. Well don't tell my body that. The good thing though was each about was less severe than the last.

Anyway, you can start doing things once you feel better BUT of course, do not overdo anything as you will relapse rather quickly. You have to remember you were very ill and need to rest. I would say wait until at least 6 months before trying to do anything. You can't just start running 10 miles but will have to start by walking for 15 minutes and then working up from there. If you feel tired skip a day or two in between trying to work your stamina back. Don't overdo it and you should be okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do not do mono! [ 47 Answers ]

I was getting good results at first, when I ordered from india, then I started to develop spots throughout my body.. my face kept getting red and red, and I was hot the whole time. I got light with stops on my face, dark spots, my face is wrinky and ugly, and I've literally tried to kill myself.....

Do I have mono now? [ 5 Answers ]

Lately I have been hanging out with this guy I really LIKE! ON msn he asked me to hang out again... at the skating ring but we never skate I was spending the night with one of my friends she was there with me... but anyway there are a lot of people inside so me,my friend,and two other people (who...

Gaining Weight while excercising? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recently (a month back) started doing a regular walk in the morning for 30 to 40 minutes a brisk walk everyday & also have reduced my calorie intake. I have added more Fibrous food to my menu & also reduced on the fat intake by taking low fat food & sugar substitute. But I observe that...

Overly Sweating, Perspiring when not excercising [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I really need help with this. Lately I've had a problem with sweating even when not exercising. It happens especially when I am speaking in front of people (I'm fairly self conscious), when I'm talking to women etc. I usually sweat fairly easily even when walking at a very light pace or...

Mono [ 2 Answers ]

Alternative medicines for mono in a 16 year old of homopathic sures for such

View more questions Search