Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Pest Control
    In your opinion, what are some of the best pest control on the market. I thought of putting something all around the house on the outside. I have problems with ants (large and small), centipedes, spiders, and other insects.

I wanted something simple and effective. It can but don't have to be environmentally friendly.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    donniemarko Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 03:39 PM
    There isn't a lot of amateur pesticides which you can use for this but if you go to your local garden centre I'm sure they could help more. You can get ant powder but it probley won't kill a lot else.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 08:19 AM
    I like Spectacide. This is a pretty broad spectrum insecticide that seems to work well. FOLLOW LABEL DIRECTIONS!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 08:53 AM
    You can use Sweet N Low or Equal for the ants. Ants like this stuff. Big black carpenter ants like it, small black ants like it also. So do a bunch of other insects like this stuff. It is more environmental friendly than Spectracide and a heck of a lot cheaper. Only problem is you don't want to get it wet so be sure to sprinkle the ant piles or ant trails only if the weather is dry for a few days. You may have to retreat the area in about 3-4 days afterwards also. I just sprinkle this stuff around my house and I don't have any ants, etc. They use aspertame regularly in foreign countries as a pesticide. Over here we eat it. Go figure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pest control [ 1 Answers ]

How do I keep bees off my hummingbird feeder?

Lizard pest control [ 2 Answers ]

How to get rid of the lizards fast?

View more questions Search