Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ejob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2004, 03:22 AM
    Enteroing us on second passport
    I have dual citizenship -- both US and Irish. I was recently in France and lost my US passport after checking in for my flight back to the US. When I arrived in the US, I used my Irish passport to enter the US. I live, work, and have resided in the US all my life. I am applying for a replacement US passport. Do I need to do anything about entering on the Irish passport, or can I let it pass...
    Thanks in advance...
    ejob
    Franceroxmyworld Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2004, 02:21 PM
    undefinedundefinedI think you can probably enter the u.s. on your Irish passport, but I don't think the u.s.customs officials would be that thrilled! But the only trouble you will encounter is being detained a bit. :p
    G4-450 Posts: 175, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2005, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Franceroxmyworld
    undefinedundefinedI think you can probably enter the u.s. on your Irish passport, but I dont think the u.s.customs officials would be that thrilled!! But the only trouble you will encounter is being detained a bit. :p
    I read in another forum that Irish citizens need visas

So if he goes with a Irish passport he should speak to the irish Embassy in france first,

Either then that the U.S. Embassy in Concord Paris France can help him if he has a valid U.S. drivers license or a contact in the U.S. like a relative who can be verified by the state department.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese passport [ 9 Answers ]

Hi What are the actual criteria for applying for a Portuguese passport. My grandfather was born in Portugal, and as such I would like to get my passport. I am specifically interested in: -exact documentation and criteria required -whether or not I need apply in Portugal, or must I apply in my...

Passport [ 2 Answers ]

I am going abroad in February and need to find out what steps do I take to change my passport to my new married name. I do not have much time to get this done since I just found out about this trip. Thanks for any information. PatS

Do I need a passport? [ 5 Answers ]

We are planning a trip to Memphis, from Canada. Is there a law yet, to have to have a passport. We are going in March. Do I need to do this?

View more questions Search