Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    am426 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 12:15 PM
    I've been thinking about my ex lately
    My girlfriend of a year and a half dumped me out of nowhere 2 months ago. Directly after I experienced the most intense grief I had ever experienced in my life for about two weeks. It was worse than when I had a family member die, I mean this girl was my future, we had plans to move in together and travel the world when we graduated from college. Anyway, a week after valentines day, after she had written me this love note about how lucky she was to have me and how excited about are future she was, she tells me she needs a break to figure something's out. He tells me she doesn't see us realistically traveling the world together and doing all these things we had planned. Now I'm no fool I know the word "break" actually means it's over. So I had intense grieving like I had never experienced for two weeks, then I went on a camping trip with her for a class we both were taking at the time. After that awkward experience it was over and I felt very relieved. I was able to move on with my life. However, now it has been about 6 weeks since I started feeling good, and she has crept back into my mind and has been in my dreams at night. I have not seen her or talked to her since the trip 6 weeks ago. Has anyone else had this experience? I have been fighting the urge to call her because I know what is chased will run. However it has been 2 months, so have the rules changed? Can I call her now without her feeling pushed? Should I even bother? This resurgence of her in my mind is really messing me up. Any help/advice is appreciated!
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Apr 22, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Don't do it,she wanted the break so give it to her. Forget about the dreams they mean nothing.just carry on the way you are with out her,you don't need her.your doing well at 2months to be feeling good don't take steps back,your going forwards so don't call her it'll only bring the hurt back and take you back to square 1
    confusionmax Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Your feeling this way because there is a certain void that cannot be filled. You miss her. But don't go back. Don't call her, don't email her.. its hard I know.. but try to keep yourself diverted. Go out with your friends. Don't think about her or the dreams. Your mind is playing tricks on u. u want someone to fill that special place in your heart and you just keep thinking about her. Instead, try to forget about her. If she left.. let her go.. if she feels anything for u, she'll come back. Trust me on that. Girls are much more emotional. If we feel like talking to someone, we will.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Any help/advice is appreciated!
    Click on the links in my signature, for some good insights. Between me and you, after many years of being broke up, my exes still come back and mess with my mind. You'll get use to it though, and not give it a lot of thought. She is still a very fresh memory in your mind, and your feelings, but that will fade with time, and as you make even more memories for yourself.
    FeelingBlue Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 10:01 PM
    If she wanted you, she would contact you. Don't torture yourself.
    log Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Hey I was in the same situation about 8-9months ago where my ex left me dry... u know its normal to think about your ex but we think about her as of what hasn't she called? Or what she doing right now?and gives us a temptation to call them but a word of advise, don't call them if you think you are going to get emotional by doing so don't even bother its just not worth it .eventually the thought will drift away... good luck man
    pippen33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 11:14 AM
    I get it . I am experiencing the same craving as mine is a DAY FRESH. My relationship partner said she was getting a divorce once and for all- I have heard this all before and did not want the let down of wasting my time, love and support to her through a difficult situation as in the divorce. Well I wanted to believe her and she wanted my trust that this time she was doing it. I supported her welcomed her into my home and 8 months of being separated she told me she wanted to work on her marriage (same rationalizion the kids) my instincts told me to stay away and she had to take the action. Now I am feeling betrayed and lied too - but there is no reason to communicate as it will just get me back to square one instead of square one and a half

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Then Why do I keep thinking about them? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I'm in a happy very happy relationship with a girl that really loves me.. kind of all I ever wanted =) yeah joy right.. for some damn reason I keep thinking about my Xes and not just one but all of them.. I laugh to myself thinking they are not even half the girl that my one is.. they...

What is he thinking? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 4 months has suddenly started posponing our meetings. He even blew me off on his birthday after spending the previous weekend celebrating my b-day with dinner, gift, etc. I thought I would surprise him on his but he called and said he was busy. Do you think he has found someone...

What is he really thinking? [ 1 Answers ]

There is this guy I always like and he always had a girlfriend. I work with his mother and recently he came into the office and subtly dropped the hint that him and his girlfriend recently broke up. A week later he called me to ask if I was going out, we met up and were talking and hang out for...

Why am I thinking of this? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, Adadfadf

Why am I thinking of her... [ 14 Answers ]

I recently (last few days) have been thinking a lot about a girl (woman now) I use to work with. We never dated and I have no idea if she liked me or was even interested. I highly doubt she was. I did ask her out to dinner, she accepted, but later declined for no reason. I found out weeks later...

View more questions Search