Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maribellar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Bumble bee or carpenter bee
    I live in an apartment building on the second floor and every summer I get bees that fly by my window and by the entrance, I think their nest is by the roof how can I get rid of them. I'm afraid my kids might get bitten by them, I don't want to kill them but maybe scare them away, please somebody help me
    josh1987 Posts: 18, Reputation: -1

Apr 22, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Try incense the smoke from them should keep them away
    Edible Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Pesticide or put something sweet in another part of the building, like your neighbours window ;)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Bumble bees have their nests underground. Carpenter bees as you put it have nests in the air on trees and buildings. You need to locate the nest and have someone knock it down. If they are seen going into the building through a small hole, then you have a colony of bees living inside the walls of the home. Tell the landlord and they will have to call out a beekeeper to get the bees out of the home's walls. If you tell your kids to wear light colored clothing and don't swat at the bees they will be okay. I used to keep honey bees and I know that they can see brown and black real good as well as waving your arms and any sudden movement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Carpenter Bees [ 2 Answers ]

What canyou get to get rid of carpenter bees?

Carpenter Bees and Carpenter ants [ 2 Answers ]

What can be done to prevent carpenter bees from drilling holes in cedar siding on buildings?

Carpenter Ants that will not go away! [ 3 Answers ]

We have been trying to get rid of carpenter ants for 2 months now. Orkin came sprayed a million times.. worked for a week and they would come back. Recently bought Terro bait from Home Depot.. still coming out.. Any other ideas or suggestions.. I really don't want to move because of ants! ...

Apprentice Carpenter [ 1 Answers ]

Im looking into getting an apprenticeship in carpentary but have no idea what it would be like or what I would have to do Like... I get the apprenticeship.. what now? What are my duties, what do I do and who tells me to do it and trains me. By the way if you were wondering I live in Queensland,...

Carpenter bee problem [ 5 Answers ]

The other day I noticed a bumble bee making a hole on the wood right underneath the roof line, and today there is another hole. What can I do to stop them from doing this? What should I do to patch the hole? Please help. :mad:

View more questions Search