Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AUF27 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Excel hyperlinks don't open in PDF
    I have created some hyperlinks in an Excel preedsheet, when I convert the worksheet to a PDF, the hyperlinks are not active. What do I need to do to activate them in the PDF or what is it that I need to do in Excel before converting to a PDF? What am I doing wrong?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2008, 08:36 AM
    What program are you using to convert to PDF? Are they text links or full URLs?

Apr 22, 2008, 09:00 AM
    I'm printing the Excel worksheet to Adobe DPF driver, the hyperlinks are full urls from my website where we store PDF files.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 22, 2008, 10:16 AM
    You need to have a PDF writer that will create the links. You may need to do more than just proint to PDF. How you activate the links in the PDF depends on the writer you use.

Apr 22, 2008, 10:23 AM
    I have been told that Adobe 8.0 might address this, however I can't seem to get the answer straight from Adobe without paying a fee or first buying the upgrade to get support.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Converting from within Acrobat will solve your problem since that's what we do here with our industry newsletters.

Apr 22, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Thank you, I appreciate it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why my hyperlinks in Excel do not open pdf & pic. Files ? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sirs, In MS-Excel I make some hyperlinks, for example in an Excel sheet I write "2007" and then by right click I select "hyperlink..." and make a hyperlink to open a file on my computer. When I click on my hyperlinked cell or word in mentioned Excel sheet, If hyperlinked file is PDF or...

Modify Hyperlinks in Excel 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I upgraded to excel 2003 from excel 2000. The 2003 version modified my hyperlinks putting %20 where there had blank spaces. I found why and took care of that problem, but, it didn't change what had been change. So I need to replace the %20 with blank spaces, and since I have thousands to do I...

View more questions Search