Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rocky730 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 07:48 AM
    How to place a lien on real estate property
    I am currently living with my husband and have been for the last 8 years. We are married for 6 years now. We are going through some very rocky situations and he is trying to refinance our property. I am not on title with him but that was only because he chose not to put me on even after the first refinance he didn't put me on this property. I want to know if there is something that I can do about stopping him from refinancing again to take equity out. As his wife, shouldn't I be involved and I think that he is only doing it because I have been telling him that I am going to leave him and he does not want me to get anything from the marriage. It's there something that I can do about this before he tries to do this to me again.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Welcome to AMHD. You need to get to a matrimonial lawyer. And you must decide whether you are going to fish or cut bait. If you file for divorce or separation, you can file a notice of lien that will probably stop a refinance. Alternatively, he can be restrained (in the divorce/separation scenario) from refinancing if he is doing so to deplete marital assets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien on Minnesota Real Estate property [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a free form to place a lien on a Minnesota property?

Real estate lien [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a sign company and about 4 months ago we manufactured and installed some signage, the building that we installed at, now has only paid us a portion of what was owed I have tried to resolve the issue and have gotten nowhere. My question is how do I put a lien on the building for...

Junior Note Foreclosure lien on other real property [ 3 Answers ]

Can a junior note holder, in this case a second put a lien on another real property owned by the same party? The property is in California and will be going into foreclosure. The second is not a purchase money second. It was taken out after. The second is calling and saying they are going...

What is the minimum amount I should win to place a real estate lien? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a condo. My neighbor upstairs flooded my and does not want to pay for the water damages. If I take him to small claims court, win and he still does not want to pay. Can I place a lien against his condo? What is the minimum amount of money I should win to place a lien? Thank...

View more questions Search