Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adilkhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 04:20 AM
    Not home work
    Why do nuclei tend to have more neutron then protons at high mass numbers?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 09:42 AM
    As the number of protons in a nucleus increases, it takes more neutrons to keep the nucleus stable - these "extra" neutrons contribute to the strong nuclear force and moderate the repulsive forces of the protons. See: Neutron Excess for Stable Nuclei and The ABCs of Nuclear Research at HRIBF

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in NH, work for MA company, if relocated to work from home, what about taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I currently live in NH and work for a MA company. So far I have been filing as non-resident MA tax. I have a possibility to relocate to my home in NH instead of the office in MA. Here are my questions: 1. Will MA taxes still be deducted from my pay? 2. Should I...

Work or home? [ 19 Answers ]

I am 19 and I have a 4 month old baby girl my fiancé is working as a chef and I despretly want to get into the work force, (I have never worked, except on my fathers farm and a racing hats designer) I don't know whether it is right to have my daughter in a child care so early what should I do?...

Work at home [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everybody. Can anybody tell me about a genuine website to work from home

Need to know if anyone knows about work at home ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if there is anyone that knows of a work at home place for typing or data entry that I will not have to pay them to work? THanks in advance.:confused:

Work From Home [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for a job I can do from home. I am not looking for a "get rich quick" job. I just need enough money to help pay the bills. I can type & print the pages out, use the internet, do something for mortgage companies with the loan applications, etc... Any suggestions on...

View more questions Search