Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    williams17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 02:07 AM
    Why use a vented bottle trap
    I have a house which has not got a conventionally vented tiolet soil pipe
    The bathroom sink is fitted with a vented bottle trap which presumably vents smells going from the tiolet soil system but it would vent the smell into the bathroom so why fit a vented bottle trap which frequently leaks water
    Why can't I fit a non vented bottle trap
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 22, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by williams17
    I have a house which has not got a conventionally vented tiolet soil pipe
    The bathroom sink is fitted with a vented bottle trap which presumably vents smells going from the tiolet soil system but it would vent the smell into the bathroom so why fit a vented bottle trap which frequently leaks water
    why can't I fit a non vented bottle trap
    Bottle traps don't come with vents,(see image). Are you sure it isn't a AAV?(see image).
    Does the pipe from the trap go into the wall or the floor? If you have no vent then why not install a "P" trap with a AAV? (see image)
    Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vented fireplace and gas logs [ 8 Answers ]

Let me start by saying, I know absolutely nothing about fireplaces. My husband and I are new home owners with 2 small children and we could not wait until it got cold outside so we could use the fireplace. I have lit the fireplace maybe 10 times this year and I noticed yesterday there was a lot of...

Vented gas fireplace fumes [ 2 Answers ]

Our direct vented gas fireplace still has an awful smell even after 20 hours of burning off the smell (the manufacturer suggested 6 to 8 hours of intense heat). The installation has been checked and is okay. The fumes are from the coating on the metal. Has anyone experienced this? We are ready...

Is my bathroom exhaust vented? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I just bought a house and the bathroom exhaust fan is broken. In replacing it, it occurs to me that it might not be vented to the outside. (I think it's vented to the attic only.) I have a very narrow attic (1.5 feet) and its not feasible to sqeeze in there to check. There is a pipe vent...

Window unit vented into attic [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if the following is possible. I would like to install a window unit air conditioner into a garage which has no windows and brick veneer. The unit would be mounted into a closet wall and I would vent the rear hot air of the a/c into the attic by adapting a duct board box onto...

1-3/8" bottle trap drain connection? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I have a little problem. I'm remodeling my bathroom and am installing a basin sink. I recently purchased a chrome minimalist bottle trap from the UK. I believe it's a Hudson Reed. It's model number is EK302. Anyway, I've discovered that the drain pipe supplied with the trap that would go...

View more questions Search