Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maddie63 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 01:08 AM
    I'm getting picked on!
    hi my names maddie and 1m 12 years old.
    I get picked on at school for having hairy arms and legs.. .
    but I think its groos as well and I really want to keeep up a schedule for waxing, I wax.
    but then I forget, I try t ignore people but it still gets to me.
    but its disgusting I get hairs on my feet-even toes!!

I want to pick on myself its so bad!
    please help
    but I need help from a beauty lady. Not a random or if you've done a course etc.
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Apr 23, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Try shaving. Waxing adds up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 06:30 PM
    First hair is a matter of culture, in some cultues you would be gross without hair, ( really)
    Next kids are mean at 12, and often if it is not this, it would be something else. Kids that pick on others are just not nice kids to start with or they would not be doing it.

And to be honest, but sorry, if it is that important to you, you will not forget, one has to take some responsibility for their own actions, if you want to wax on a regular schedule, set one and do it, it is completely up to you
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 08:03 PM
    I have dark hair on my arms. I used to wax it. I tried shaving it. All is too much upkeep, and the prickles were horrible. I started using facial hair bleach to bleach my arm hair, you can barely see it when I do.
    pakana Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 10:28 AM
    I would go to someone professional to have sugar paste wax on it. If you have it removed when its growing with this method the growth will lessen.also bleach or shaving on arm hair sounds fine but I wouldn't home wax it with the cold strips which is why you get pimply. It s not worth worrying over as you can get it removed with good results
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 27, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Have you tried nair or another cream hair removal? Nair is easy to use, quick and painless. Using a product like nair will still require upkeep, but most everything will unless you go with a permanent expensive removal like laser, which you probably wouldn't be able to get at your age.

Here's a link to the Nair website;

NAIR
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Hi Maddie,

What a nice name. First, don't you dare worry about other's teasing you. Most times kids do that because they want to be just like you and so try to be unkind. I know that doesn't make sense at first, but think about it. Those kids taking their time to pay attention to you, must know you are something very special.

Don't worry about the hair on your arms, be proud of the person you are inside and hold your head up. If it wasn't your arms, it would be something else. They are noticing you, because you are a special girl.

I have red hair and was teased all the time, plus I was very tall. But I held my head high, because I got both from my Dad and I loved my Dad. As soon as the kids saw it didn't faze me, they stopped and then tried to be my friend.

People can do and say some very unkind things, but that is because they don't feel good about themselves, so they resort to picking on other kids.

Frankly, I feel sorry for them, and I can just bet that you are a special and beautiful young lady. Be proud of how special you are and don't give in to those, who are so sad inside they try and make someone else sad.

I learned to love my red hair and height, love all the special and unique things about yourself, others will notice in a very good way.
    Trydessa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maddie63
    hi my names maddie and 1m 12 years old.
    i get picked on at school for having hairy arms and legs . . . . .
    but i think its groos as well and i really want to keeep up a schedule for waxing, i wax.
    but then i forget, i try t ignore people but it still gets to me.
    but its disgusting i get hairs on my feet-even toes!!!

i wanna pick on my self its so bad!
    please help
    but i need help from a beauty lady. not a random or if you've done a course etc.
    Maddie63,
    Have your mom take you to the beauty supply house and get 30 vol. peroxide / or 40 volume crème developer and blue bleach powder... they have small packets of the bleach powder, and have your mom mix in a plastic bowel the two together. Two parts peroxide/ one part powder bleach. Make a paste and put that on the dark hair. It will tingle a little, keep on until the hair has lightened and then rinse off thoroughly. This should last longer then having to wax the hair and it is worth a try. Right? Smiles, T. I am a licensed cosmetologist of 21 years.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 27, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Trydessa
    Maddie63,
    Have your mom take you to the beauty supply house and get 30 vol. peroxide / or 40 volume creme developer and blue bleach powder...they have small packets of the bleach powder, and have your mom mix in a plastic bowel the two together. Two parts peroxide/ one part powder bleach. Make a paste and put that on the dark hair. It will tingle a little, keep on until the hair has lightened and then rinse off thoroughly. This should last longer then having to wax the hair and it is worth a try. Right? Smiles, T. I am a licensed cosmetologist of 21 years.
    I've suggested this with the crème hair bleach, I suggested this because it is easier for a 12-year old to do, and maintain. And doesn't necessarily require the supervision of a parent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting your bones picked cleaned [ 5 Answers ]

Anybody out there tired of getting there brains beat in by blackjack, you could be making costly mistakes or playing in second rate games and having your bones picked clean before you even finished your first beer. Maybe I could give you some sound advive in the do's and dont's about the...

Dog hates to be picked up [ 3 Answers ]

My dog hates to be picked up. He growls or runs away if you are behind him. I still want to pick him up but I don't want him not to like me/?

Getting picked on because of my type one diabetes [ 5 Answers ]

I am 17 years old... and I dropped out of school because people picked on me for having diabetes... I was diagnosed on April 9th 2004 and after kids were picking on me for a while... I stopped taking care of myself. I got to the point where I ended up in the I.C.U. for 4 days and was on the regular...

My disable child is getting picked on [ 7 Answers ]

My 15 year old is disable and gets a ssi check ,I live in a govt, low income housing , the manger is trying to evicte me just because they clam to be getting complants just only because someone was telling lies on my dauther on things that she did not do such as drowing dirty pictures or penis on...

View more questions Search